April 20, 2024, 07:42:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missed a good one this mornin !! (wish I had a "leggy" bulldog)  (Read 969 times)
Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2014, 07:55:42 am »

I work for myself but a couple nights a week I cook over night at my buddy's bbq restaurant.  Well I been seeing a BIG black boar in a cow pasture on the way home bout 730 or 8 in the morning. I finally tracked down the land owner and got permission to catch him so I started bringing my bulldog to work with me. Before we head home I vest him up and we east by that pasture. Well this morning there was a different hog on the side of the road. A big pretty blonde color boar hog. I am right on top of him before I spot it so I stop the truck , duck dowm and sneak around to let the dog out. By this time the  hog knows somethin aint right and ducks under the barbed wire fence. I get the bulldog to spot him and the chase is on. We strike out across this field and run around and around for 10 min or so. Both dog and pig are tired. The dog looses sight of the pig because he keeps running to the cows and stops with them (the pig , not the dog). So I grab the dog and get him within 10 yards of the sucker and cut him loose soon as his ears go up letting me know he sees it. The chase is on again , but this time the ole hog decides to make a b-line run toward the wood line. My dog is on the short side so he was getting out ran. Next thing you know I hear the loudest squeal ive ever heard. I thought for sure cought hog !!! I run over to where the noise is coming from and there in a Colbert pipe that runs under the road. By the time I get there everything had went silent and the dog had lost him on the other side. I guess thats a good thing because I dont know who owns that land. Long story short I feel like I done pulled the trigger on a 10 point buck and cant find a blood trail. And I wish my bulldog could run faster. Lol...sorry this was so long winded but it was less than an hour ago and im still fired up about it. Thanks for reading !!

Take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids
Bowhunter1994
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 04:22:17 pm »

Good read

Sonny

If you cant hang with the big dogs STAY ON THE PORCH.
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 04:49:46 pm »

Lol sounds like u had a plan anyhow. U get him next time.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 05:59:56 pm »

least you gave it a shot.  You have any other dogs other than the bulldog? 
Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 06:31:20 pm »

Yes sir , ive got several dogs.

rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 07:44:20 am »

believe id try dropping a couple curs on his but to keep him bayed.
Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 08:17:42 am »

You dont know how bad I want to. All my dogs are cattle broke to. I have cows of my own. But this is only a small piece of land  and if I cant get him anchored down in the pasture then I will be on someone else's land. But you can believe I am on the hunt for the surrounding property owners. I dont like to get on peoples property with out permission. Especially while deer season is in. and the rut is on in Georgia right now so the woods are full of tree hugging dog shooters...lol. just kidding (kind of)..I deer hunt to.  But my wife's friend is the chick that drives around for the county looking at everybody's houses for tax purposes. Im gonna get some names from her and go from there. And I got a tall long legged bulldog that will have a new home in my yard this afternoon. Maybe he will work out .

Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 08:30:24 am »

here's the new dog im hoping can run them down in a hurry. I see that black hog all the time. He thinks hes a cow I believe. If the cows are up by the road you can believe that sucker is there mixed in with them. And that blonde one must be doing the same because the whole time we were after him he kept just doing whatever the cows did. Which thankfully wasnt much at all. He never wanted to leave them. Anyway I will definatly post pics of I ever get one of em. This has been a long time coming and to hear what sounded like a good catch and then go home empty just tore me up. I been drinkin heavy and not gettin along with the wife ever since...lol... I made that last part up ...

devildawg86
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 08:39:46 am »

Good looking bulldog
Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 10:51:10 am »

Thank ya sir