April 18, 2024, 05:05:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: looking for best pit stud dog prospects  (Read 2139 times)
flyingwbobby
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2014, 08:08:12 pm »

Hey fellas,
    I'm looking for the best working pitbull stud dog prospects, from working lines. Needs to be leggy, athletic, great confirmation, good with other dogs, good with people and proven as a catch dog. Also need to be proven as a producer of puppies that are of the same description . Please post pictures of your best prospects. If you like, you can PM me with contact information of the dogs that you think fit the bill. Thank you for your help.
flyingwbobby
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 07:29:28 pm »

Well, it's been two weeks and 168 viewers, but no responses. Is there any chance anyone has a APBT stud dog that comes close to the criteria mentioned in my first post? If not, is it possible that someone has a APBT gyp that comes close? I know there are lots of ABPT's out there, some are pretty nice. It would be appreciated if anyone can point me in the right direction for a good female or male. Thank you.
reatj81
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 07:31:58 pm »

Search every bulldog post on here, good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 07:50:59 pm »

It looks like you are pretty new by the number of posts. There are lots of good folks and lots of good dogs but folks are usually hesitant to step forward with someone they know nothing about. Reading someones posts for awhile tends to let you know something about who you are dealing with. Let em know where you are coming from and someone may step forward.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 08:06:57 pm »

I got one hell of a cd male pit he is every thing you stated. Where you located maybe we can talk
flyingwbobby
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 08:50:54 pm »

I'm in Azle, TX.  I have a couple good strike dogs, some bay dogs that are a little suicidle, a couple of good American Bull dogs for catch dogs. I have recently purchased a pure bred greyhound (very good blood lines) that I'd like to cross with a super star APBT gyp. I also purchased a very nice Staghound gyp that I'd like to put with an ABPT dog. These dogs are proven catch dogs that if crossed properly, I believe will produce the kind of dogs that have been discussed here a few times on the forum. If you have some good ABPT prospects feel free to call me 817-751-5998. Thanks for y'alls help.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 09:17:08 pm »

I don't like to cross pits I like them pure they bred em like that for a reason. I have found pit crosses can make a good dog but most I have seen where train wrecks on a fast track just my thoughts
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 09:17:55 pm »

Best of luck to ya
flyingwbobby
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 09:32:32 pm »

I have several hunting properties that are farely wide open and need some faster catch dogs for the "runners". I'm not breeding for resale of puppies or degredation of the APBT breed. I have a friend that came along with his APBT X Greyhound catch dog and the results were astonishing, I just know first hand what a APBT X sight hound can do for me and want some for myself. The Aussies have figured this out for their territories that are open type properties by crossing the bully type dogs with the sight hounds. It worked well for them, I think if the right dogs are matched up the offspring will be produce 40-45 mph catch dogs that will also have some stamina. If there is a non-purist out there with a super star APBT dog or gyp I'm in the market. Thanks again guys.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 09:54:07 pm »

I ain't against the idea just don't like them for my self lol. Speed and catchy can do good tho
thegroundskeeper
Catch Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 08:31:13 am »

I tend to agree with Judge on crossing the pits, but with that said I had a catahoula/pit cross that was a friggin beast!!!!!!!  But he was the only one.  If I could guarantee one out a litter to turn out like him I would cross a pit to my catahoula strike dog tomorrow. 
flyingwbobby
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 01:41:41 pm »

I tend to agree as well, I don't condone breeding any breed of dog to another breed ending in a cross that doesn't do either job that it was original intended for, however I'm not breeding Pitbull X sighthound dogs for the purpose of piney woods catch dogs (I don't believe they would do well in thick piney/brush woods). I am breeding them for open country that I hunt. I am not breeding them to sell pups, I'm not breeding them to saturate a dog market that is already flooded with less than desireable dogs. I am getting some private messeges with some very nice dogs, but will still need to find a couple super star APBT gyps (they can be for sale or lease). Thank you for the positive input folks. I'll post pictures in a couple years of the end result.
WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 01:50:13 pm »

Explaining what your doin sure helps folks decide whether to work with you or not. Good luck with it!
msula87
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2014, 03:02:58 pm »

Just last weekend a member of my bird dog club told me he has this type of cross. Said he got him from a guy in Chico who has been breeding them for hog dogs. I'm actually headed up to his house this afternoon to pick up some birds for our hunt test tomorrow. If you're interested, I can try and get his contact info.

I've been doing some research on them online this week after hearing about his dog. Seems they've been using them across the pond for many years on rabbits/hare and larger game. I think you're right they'd work great in big open spaces on hogs. 
buddylee
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2014, 03:06:45 pm »

I realize your a long ways from Georgia but I have 1/2 Dane 1/2 pit. He'd cross very nice with your dog. Welcome to breed to him if you have a way to get her here. Most of these folks don't realize the potential.
flyingwbobby
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 07:52:51 pm »

Thank all you fellas (and gals) for your positive input, feel free to call me. My number is 817-751-5998. I've been hunting with dogs since I was 12 (that was 36 years ago). I am more than happy to meet with the folks that have dogs that are of this type of cross. Heck, I'm always happy to meet guys (or gals as the case was today) that hunt with high quality dogs of nearly any breed and just about any quarry. I find that hog hunting fits my level of adrenilin rush needed, but more importantly, I enjoy watching good dogs work. I don't neccesarily hunt for the kill, but to see the best dogs doing their best. I ain't far from Chico and would be glad to talk to the guy up there about his dogs. As for the Dane X Pit cross, you are far from me, but I do come out your way occasionally and would be honored to see your dogs. I'm stuck on the idea of the Staghound X APBT cross, but would enjoy seeing some of the other "fast" catch dog crosses. Keep the responses coming! Thanks again guys.
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 09:07:28 pm »

The hunters in Australia that I've seen, use the English Bull Terrier to cross on their sight hunters. You can search Bullygreys on YouTube and the web, it may give you some helpful information  to  help you  get  in the direction you're  going.
flyingwbobby
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2014, 09:23:35 pm »

I studied the cross that the Aussies use and they did use the English Bull Terriers, but I've not found too many Enlish Bull Terriers in the U.S.A. that are actuall working dogs. Most of the EBT's are show dogs that have long lost their working ability and their prey drive (there are a few working EBT's, but not many). I Think our easy access to good working APBT's are a better match for our use in the U.S.A. and the APBT's are lots more abundant.
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2014, 09:43:36 pm »

Oh there are indeed a few working EBTs out here. I feed a few of them.

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2014, 12:39:44 am »

The working EBT's are out there, be patient in you search and I believe you'll be rewarded for your due diligence.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: