March 29, 2024, 05:08:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roy hindes bred dogs  (Read 4422 times)
c dunn
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2014, 11:12:17 am »

My dad went to pick up a pair of pups last year in south tx. They aren't straight hindes but close descendants. They look exactly like his and are jam up blood dogs that have good nOse and head full of sense. My question is has anyone seen these dogs make hogdogs. I have a male cur that's a really good hogdog, blood dog and is a reproducer of good dogs that I bred to my dad's female and wondering what to expect these blue dogs to bring to the hog hunting table.
Bryant
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 04:42:33 pm »

Send a message to jerryg on here.  I believe he can tell you all you want to know.

A truly rich man is one whose children rush to fill his arms even though his hands are empty.
c dunn
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 05:54:53 pm »

Can't find him in search.
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 06:21:14 pm »

How are these dogs bred? Hound, Cur, Lacy?

"Let's talk some philosophy"
Bryant
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 10:26:26 am »

Send a message to jerryg on here.  I believe he can tell you all you want to know.

Probably be best to send him an email anyhow.  Not sure how often he's around here these days.

huntandfishadv@usa.net

A truly rich man is one whose children rush to fill his arms even though his hands are empty.
Bowhunter1994
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 05:59:16 pm »

They were bred to blood track. Not saying they won't work but I would think they work slowly, keep in mind they are big dogs.

Sonny

If you cant hang with the big dogs STAY ON THE PORCH.
brushbusters
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 05:18:57 am »

Hope this helps

http://biggamehoundsmen.com/forum/post199201.html?hilit=Hindes#p199201

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
jerryg
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 08:50:30 am »

I can tell you what I have seen when I have been around Roy's dogs. His dogs are bigger dogs and work slow and methodical, Have an excellent nose and brains. Can they be used as hog dogs, probably but don't know if those traits are what you look for in hog dogs. I think his dogs are bred for one discipline and that is blood tracking. Now crosses may be a bit more versatile. 
Jerryg

c dunn
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 09:15:36 am »

Thanks. I have a couple pups that are 3 1/2 months old. They are really big and are trailing drags already. They also seem really aggressive. I raised em for blood tracking, they do use their nose a lot and seem very methodical. I prob won't use them on hogs.
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 08:17:51 pm »

I can tell you what I have seen when I have been around Roy's dogs. His dogs are bigger dogs and work slow and methodical, Have an excellent nose and brains. Can they be used as hog dogs, probably but don't know if those traits are what you look for in hog dogs. I think his dogs are bred for one discipline and that is blood tracking. Now crosses may be a bit more versatile. 
Jerryg

Hey Mr Jerry,
The dog that I had ahold of for a while that went your way, did he make anything for you?

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: