April 23, 2024, 03:50:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9-20-09 hunt - caught 3!  (Read 1143 times)
hoghunterdfw
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2009, 01:17:06 pm »

After going on a dry run Friday, me and Grant were eager to get on something and luckily our good buddy Mason was ready to hit a good spot he hadnt gone to in over 2 months but he had always had good luck there. Everyone was too tired Sat. night so we decided to head out in the early morning. I had PPC Eloy and my younger dog Luke who has been doing real good lately.  Grant brought his #1 strike dog, Ben, and his younger dog Hunter. Mason brought his doberman named booger, his pit and his 9 mo. bmc pup Jack.

We dropped out about 5am, and cast the curs out in front of the 4 wheeler with both catchdogs riding on the back with us. This place was TORE UP with hogs. TONS of sign everywhere. It wasn't even 15-20 mins before Ben and Booger were baying with the younger dogs following close behind. We drove in kinda close and heard what sounded like a group of em. I cut Eloy lose and Mason cut his bulldog lose. We caught a good sized hog probably 180 or so. The dogs had already rolled out again by the time we got done stabbing it, so we keep hunting. It wasn't too much longer after that, our younger dogs, Luke and Hunter, started baying and we don't really trust them and nowing that there were cows in the area made us very nervous. Those two had just gotten beat for running cows when we went on the dry run on Friday so we were like OH NO NOT AGAIN! We went to get them off the cow and HOLY CRAP the two young dogs had a good sized boar bayed and had chased it into a small pond. It was all the 3 young dogs, even Mason's Jack dog was biting em, so we were all very happy that they found and stopped such a good sized boar.  We hobbled him and he is now in the bay pen so hopefully if it doesnt escape I will finally get a chance to work my pups. While the younger dogs struck that one, the older dogs Ben and Booger were way out over 900 yards working another hog. Due to the way the 4 wheeler was performing with all the weight on it, Mason decided to leave Eloy at the truck after this. Well the older dogs got into an area where you have to walk, so we got off the wheeler and proceed to chase after these dogs on foot for the next 2 hours or so. The dogs would bay for a while but everytime it would break before we got the catch dog there. At one point it sounded like the bay wasn't more than 50 feet in front of us but it was thick in there and we couldnt see anything. And we had already let his catchdog go earlier and it had yet to come back.   Well I think his doberman Booger finally man-ed up and caught the lil sucker and right when he did of course Masons pit bull finally comes running to the bay to help finish it off. It ended up being a smaller boar probably around 100 or so. After a long walk back to the truck, we loaded up and started heading home around 8-9am. Unforunately for me I broke the camera I had taken with me during the hunt somehow. But im sure Mason will post the pics he took.
raider54
Hog Catching Machine

Giving BULLDOGS a New Name

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 03:22:06 pm »

Nice job guys, we knew you could do it all by yourself!!!!

I TALK ALOT OF SMACK-COME GO WITH ME AND I'LL SHOW YOU IT ISNT ALL SMACK

Facebook Check Out-Hog Hunting Texas Style
See our web site www.XXXtremehogdoggin.com
lilmisshogdogger
Boar Slayer

"SHHH.... LISTEN"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 03:56:58 pm »

SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD HUNT GUYS GLAD YALL HAD MUCH BETTER LUCK THAN FRIDAY!

~SAMANTHA FRAZIER~  
"REAL HOG HUNTERS DO IT DOGGIE STYLE"
uglydog
Jelk's & Brick House Catahoulas
Global Moderator
Hog Doom

It's a good day to have a great day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 04:16:34 pm »

Is Eloy the dog from Birgette that came over not too long ago? if so How is he doing?

Sounds like really productive hunt congratulations!

muleman
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 04:26:30 pm »

I have hunted several times with Eloy and he is a damn nice young dog. catches good and has the best temperment. handles like a dream too.

LOPIN MY MULE AND SCRATCHIN MY ASS!!!
raider54
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 04:42:02 pm »

Chopps flew over and picked him up from PPC Dogos

hoghunterdfw
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 09:40:57 pm »

Yup thats my dog!  He is catching solid on the ear and has not once exhibited any dog aggression what so ever.  He is fast for a catchdog and gets to the bays pretty quickly even if you let him go from 600 yards out.
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 01:10:15 pm »

Thank you RAIDER54 for saying were big boys now  Evil Despite what you saw last wkend ben has blown the back out of the woods his 2 hunts since then, Why do dogs always make me a liar  Huh?
raider54
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 01:19:26 pm »

I've seen Ben do a good job! It sounds like you guys had a good hunt

digemdown
Strike Dog

WHEN THE TAILGATE DROPS,THE BS STOPS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 09:09:50 pm »

for some reason i was into hog doggIn more than taken pics LOL .this is 2 out of three that we caught on suNday .

« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:15:02 pm by digemdown » Logged

CMH
digemdown
Strike Dog

WHEN THE TAILGATE DROPS,THE BS STOPS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 09:21:52 pm »

MY JACK DOG 9 MONTH

CMH
hogfarm
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 10:17:09 pm »

Ya'll still been runnin out on brushy? Ain't been out that way in awhile, should be eat up with um. Usually alotta corn on the ground this time of year out there. Damn i might need to check it out!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: