March 28, 2024, 06:10:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bay pen rules?  (Read 2843 times)
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2014, 05:42:12 pm »

I got asked the other day about the rules and DQ's.      I don't know anything about an official baying even.   
Can some one educate me on the rules .

Bet it would be fun to go watch some good dogs work.     
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 09:47:53 pm »

U can google the rules for like earls.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
Curcross1987
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 09:54:22 pm »

If you are use to hunting they are about as boring as it gets for me
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 01:06:05 pm »

If you like dog work....the finer aspects of a dogs/dogs holding a bay..I don't know how you could not enjoy watching an event.

I've covered the rules before on this forum...just do a search...lol.

"Let's talk some philosophy"
thegroundskeeper
Catch Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 08:14:47 am »

I have only been to one and I certainly dont know the rules....but a friend and I entered our 4 best dogs and none of them did anything.  I honestly figured they would run in there a catch but as soon as they figured out the hogs were pretty docile they didnt want anything to do with it.  The hogs would go straight to a corner and sit there while the dogs barked at them.  Not very fun for us. 
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 05:52:27 pm »

A lot of times woods dogs don't do well...especially their first time in competition....BUT....sometimes they do. It all depends on how the dogs are bred.

My woods dogs did fair but my older gyp caught out more often than not...the others just didn't have the focus it takes to compete in competition.

I ran the bay pen competition for the veterans extreme adventures benefit last year in Gatesville. We had a pretty good turn out. I'm in the planning stages right now for the same event this year. It's tentatively scheduled for the last Saturday in April and i think it'll be A LOT bigger this year.

Our neck of the woods doesn't see to many bay pen competitions so our competitors were predominantly woods hunters and dogs and most did pretty fair. It's a different world in the competition arena...that's for sure. I can promise you this...if your dog/s do well...you'll enjoy yourself.

"Let's talk some philosophy"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: