April 20, 2024, 03:56:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Wet Hunt!  (Read 515 times)
TazD
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2014, 03:41:38 pm »

I went out the other morning and brought my buddy who got run over by the sow on his last hunt! We brought Gator, Blaze, and Clyde. The area I hunt has been flooded for over 6mo!! Its still very wet but not as bad as it has been. Cut Gator and Blaze loose and they take off!!

We hunt for about 20min when I check the Garmin to see where the dogs are. The Garmin shows Blaze 310 and treed, and Gator is 390 and motorin away! we start to Blaze and when we get about 60-70yds away from Blaze and can hear him caught  and him and the hog going at it! Tell my buddy to put Clyde to a tree and go to Blaze. He has about a 100lb sow caught, so I throw it, hobble her and get Blaze off and on to a tree!.

Then I hear Gator baying about 200yds away, so I yell to my friend to cut Clyde to him!! Nothing!! I yell again to cut Clyde to gator! Still nothing!! Do not know what my buddy is doing so I cut Blaze to Gator and go to them. Get there and they have another 100lb sow caught! Throw and hobble her, put Blaze to a tree and Gator takes off!! I hear something coming through the swamp, and here comes Clyde to the hobbled sow with Gator coming too. So Gator and Clyde recatch the sow!! Get my buddy to hold the sow and get Clyde and Gator to a tree!!

I ask my buddy what the hell happened to him when I yelled to release Clyde?? He said that when he put Clyde to the tree and strated to me, Clyde grabbed him by his pants and pulled him to the ground and would not let him go!! He finally gets away and hears another bay so he tries to get clyde off the tree and going to the bay!! Clyde was amped up and would notlet him get him, so he grabbed a big tree limb and gave it to Clyde to occupy him so he could release him!! LOL.. Alittle late, but at least poor Clyde got some bite time to calm him down!!

http://youtu.be/_gGTtKaNo-k?list=UUV-2tt6NXdBzsuGRC8fO8Ww

jdt
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 04:48:25 pm »

good deal ! sounds like being your huntin buddy is a rough job  Cheesy
TazD
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 06:26:14 pm »

Jdt. Actually it's pretty easy being my hunting partner!! My dogs, I throw and hobble all hogs, and my dogs are easy to put on a tree after the catch!! My buddy is to worried trying to get some footage of himself hog hunting!! No one else has had any problems in the 10yrs or so of hog dogging!! He learned with the sow to be alittle more careful or the hog is going to get some pay back on you!! Lol.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: