April 19, 2024, 11:43:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Few Pics From Sunday's Hunt with MuleMan! PICS, PICS!!!  (Read 1553 times)
raider54
Hog Catching Machine

Giving BULLDOGS a New Name

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2009, 10:48:08 pm »

Gabe From Extreme Hog Hunts invited me out for a early morning hunt on sunday, MuleMan was gratious enough to come along with his absolutely AWESOME AB catch dog BIGGUN, I took our two 1/2 Plott 1/2 BMC  dogs ZIG and TREY we bought from RafterPuncher. IM gonna skip past the part where Gabe had a brand new 4 seater Mule that D and I pushed thru a MUDDY plowed up field the first two hrs. and get strait to the hunt. About 5 mins. after I cut Zig and Trey loose Zig bayed about 200 yds off the levy towards the Trinity River, he began to fight with a hog which we could hear very plain, about that time we heard Trey baying about 400 yds on the Garmin. With only one Bulldog we decided to go to Zig first since he was the Gritty one of the two brothers but he caught about that time and we could tell it was a shoat that he was making quick work of so we headed to Trey. 250 yds out Zig had made it over to Trey and they were fighting with the hog. Zig and Trey both backed off and began to bay hard so we knew it was a big hog. I asked D if he was comfortable letting his dog go that far out and he said sure and unsnaped that gorgeous beast and away he went at light speed! When we headed off the Levy Immediately we were in Water and a briar thicket that took us 20 mins. to go 200 yards. Once we got within 50 yards I could hear Trey baying hard and could see a tree top swaying back and forth, moved in very cautious to see Biggun caught on the ear and Zig caught on his twins! Now I have to shorten the next 15 or 20 mins. It was so thick in there that the hog would lunge and rake off the dogs who would catch him again with in ten yards. I crawled my way in several times only to have them break another 20 feet at which time I would begin to make my way toward them again. There was a horrific scrapeing noise and D asked me what it was, I told him it was the hogs teeth scraping on the cut collar of his CD.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:46:02 pm by raider54 » Logged

I TALK ALOT OF SMACK-COME GO WITH ME AND I'LL SHOW YOU IT ISNT ALL SMACK

Facebook Check Out-Hog Hunting Texas Style
See our web site www.XXXtremehogdoggin.com
raider54
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 11:01:08 pm »

I finally got the extremely muddy hog legged by one leg and the tail asked D to come in and help me but it was so thick he could barely get to me, especially having only one good arm. The hog pulled away from me shook off the dogs spun around on me, I tried to back up but one of my feet was stuck in the mud and I fell down facing the hog who decided to come get me! I can only thank GOD that BIGGUN grabed him by the back leg and set him down in the mud, Zig grabbed a mouth full of nuts and Biggun moved to the ear. I pulled myself back up completely exhausted I just jumped on top of the hog having no place else to go. Just then a first timer shows up in there with me with a big blade in his hand and no fear! I talked him thru what to do and he closed the deal. I was so muddy and exhausted that I only snapped a couple of pics with my Blackberry. Both of which show D's big exhausted CD Still locked on. I will tell you this those two dogs saved me from being hurt bad. I dont care to ever be in a situation like that again.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:41:57 pm by raider54 » Logged

clint
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 07:08:21 am »

nice hog,,, glad you didn't get hurt

Quality over Quantity!

You gotta cut the boars to catch the Barrs.

Get Ahead Son!
Cutter Bay Kennels
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 07:16:31 am »

Good story, and great hog.  Congrats.

"To me it is not always about the game you caught, but the memories you can't let go of.   Wink  " Josh Farnsworth
a-khunter
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 07:43:26 am »

situations can get sticky fast, glad it worked out ok.  nice cutters on that hog.
Marshall
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 07:47:31 am »

Good hog guys!  Shocked
craig
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 08:38:47 am »

thats a good un for shure..      good story..  way to stay hooked..

www.craigloftintrailersales.com
Craig Loftin
918-857-0464
Tahlequah,Oklahoma
Findahog
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 12:19:40 pm »

nice hog

Find A Hog
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 01:11:09 pm »

WOW...glad biggun (cd) was able to get it done thats his first time out since he ripped a k9 off, i would have crapped myself  with a toothless cd and that beast charging me Undecided nice cutters that hog go like 300 or 280?? none the less i would put that head on my kennells especially if it almost had me for lunch!! 2 cd's make me feel safe although they rarely are needed for safety, mostly just split bays or sounders-GREAT JOB- Wink
muleman
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 01:18:09 pm »

Big'un is far from toothless. he lost one canine and his regular teeth are as big as most dog's canines.

LOPIN MY MULE AND SCRATCHIN MY ASS!!!
lilmisshogdogger
Boar Slayer

"SHHH.... LISTEN"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 01:27:09 pm »

damnit... glad the dogs saved ya.. man dnt u love them dogs they sure can make u proud... nice sized hog too.. and good job first timmer!

~SAMANTHA FRAZIER~  
"REAL HOG HUNTERS DO IT DOGGIE STYLE"
raider54
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 02:39:22 pm »

WOW...glad biggun (cd) was able to get it done thats his first time out since he ripped a k9 off, i would have crapped myself  with a toothless cd and that beast charging me Undecided nice cutters that hog go like 300 or 280?? none the less i would put that head on my kennells especially if it almost had me for lunch!! 2 cd's make me feel safe although they rarely are needed for safety, mostly just split bays or sounders-GREAT JOB- Wink
Mason, D is going to get you for that one!.....no really Biggun has a mouth full of teeth like a Parahna!

muleman
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 03:44:33 pm »

actually, thats Grant runnin his head. He'll hush though because he doesnt want me to publish his latest story!!

raider54
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 03:54:56 pm »

actually, thats Grant runnin his head. He'll hush though because he doesnt want me to publish his latest story!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 06:33:19 pm »

ENOUGH DE !!!!! Silence!!  tell the guys in a few weeks after it blows over Evil And all I am saying is he has one less tooth now, I love your ab and he obviously got the job done with 3 fangs, but it was still his first day back on the job-glad he was feeling up to par, and that was a scary boar to have charging you with your feet stuck in the mud with no side arm on the hip no matter what dogs are there  Biggun is better than any cd that I have ever owned thats a fact and thats just calling it the way it is..mine does eat less though Wink
 How long did it take yall to drag that big boy out of that thick briar mud hole you had to crawl through to get him??
muleman
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 06:38:38 pm »

As much pushing we did on that mule, we sure weren't even entertaining the thought of dragging that thing through that thicket and then up the side of the levy.

raider54
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 06:57:26 pm »

Mason that picture of the hog on the 4 wheeler is another hog we caught about a 1/2 mile down the levy

rafterfpuncher
Catch Dog

WWT Official Scorer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 10:05:06 pm »

nice hog fellas, glad to see them ol dogs you got from me are getting the job done for you!

IF YOU CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG HOGS KEEP YOUR DOGS AT THE HOUSE!!!!!
digemdown
Strike Dog

WHEN THE TAILGATE DROPS,THE BS STOPS

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 10:18:07 pm »

grant changed the subjet real fast,good hog guys

CMH
setexasplott
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009, 10:38:43 pm »

dim some pretty teeth