March 28, 2024, 03:40:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bay/strike or 1/2 vest  (Read 426 times)
Kflippen
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2015, 05:17:59 am »

I thinking of trying one of my blueticks on a hog in a bay pen which brand or style of vest do I need? Or is a cut collar sufficient? I'm thinking he's gonna get some teeth in him before he learns to respect him but he may not

Thanks
                          Kenneth
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 05:28:19 pm »

Saw this post and had to laugh a little. I just put my blue tick on a 25-30# sow today. She went straight catch. I didn't have a collar or anything on her because it was a small pig. I'd say go bay vest. Especially if the pig your gonna try her on is decent sized.  See if he what's to bay or if he tries to catch and then go from there. I was expecting mine just to bay the pig but she didn't bark once. Went straight for the ear

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 06:43:59 pm »

Find a bay pen that dubs teeth and put it in with a good size pig if the dog is grown. If not make sure the pig is as big as dog atleast. I have 6 month old pups that will catch 30 pounders all day. To many small pigs will encourage some dogs to catch.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: