April 20, 2024, 09:24:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WEB or OSW bulldogs  (Read 2125 times)
alphabravo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2015, 04:51:00 pm »

ANybody have much experience with them. Thinking about making some changes. Any info would be appreciated.

Life's not a bitch,life's a beautiful woman. You just call her a bitch because she won't let you get that p#$$y - Aesop Rock
warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 06:39:50 pm »

The Spainish, the Indians, and us "Crackers" have been using deviations of the "White Bulldog" as stock dogs for centuries. I believe it to be one of the main ingredients in our "Florida" cur dogs, at least it was and still is, where I'm from(South/Central Florida). Although many call them White English, I believe they are descended more of Spainish Blood. The blood we have fed and are still feeding, have had a natural herding instinct on cattle. I've got one now that will head and ring cattle with finesse as well as swallow ones nose when needed Wink

Catchin hogs cracker style
Teag_D
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 07:30:17 pm »

Got any pics of those bulldogs Warrent?
warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 08:07:10 pm »

Got any pics of those bulldogs Warrent?
Go to page 17 of my posts. That's my yard dog at 6 years old. She is 9.5 now. I'm not smart enough to post pics on my own, so those older ones will have to do for now. Feel free to move it to this discussion if that is possible

Teag_D
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 08:34:35 am »

Fine looking dog, thx

Teag_D
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 08:45:53 am »

I like the ticking on that female. Interesting on a genetic and historic level too. Many people debate the difference between ABs, WEB, OSW, etc. To me they are a variation on a single theme, like family lines within a loose breed. Here is my pup, with the ticking, darn thing looks like a dalmation cross.
warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 09:23:21 am »

Thank you sir for moving that pic. That too, is a fine looking dog. 10-4 on the variations. The ability of these particular dogs to work on cattle has always amazed me. There's a man below me in SE Tennessee that has a dog from a Mr. Brack out of Georgia. His dog was also very impressive at heading and bunching cattle.

warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 09:30:50 am »

The Spainish, the Indians, and us "Crackers" have been using deviations of the "White Bulldog" as stock dogs for centuries. I believe it to be one of the main ingredients in our "Florida" cur dogs, at least it was and still is, where I'm from(South/Central Florida). Although many call them White English, I believe they are descended more of Spainish Blood. The blood we have fed and are still feeding, have had a natural herding instinct on cattle. I've got one now that will head and ring cattle with finesse as well as swallow ones nose when needed Wink
I meant to say The Spanish, The English, The Indians, and us Crackers.

Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 05:45:52 pm »

I used to hunt with an old man who would always talk about the big white bulldogs his dad hunted with as a kid and himself as well when he was a young man....
UNDERDOG
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

I always tell the truth.....even when I lie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 09:00:06 am »

I like the ticking on that female. Interesting on a genetic and historic level too. Many people debate the difference between ABs, WEB, OSW, etc. To me they are a variation on a single theme, like family lines within a loose breed. Here is my pup, with the ticking, darn thing looks like a dalmation cross.

looks like one of henrys dogs Teag

Bryant Mcdonald
New Caney, Tx.
936-537-2537

www.facebook.com/Bonedigger.kennels.
Teag_D
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 10:23:03 am »

Yes he does. Has that Nepoleon dog in his ped several times similar to Leathernecks stuff. None of his recent ancestors had this degree of ticking but when I did the cross it hit like a ton of bricks. Didnt really like it at first but is growing on me, he is turning out nice, which helps his case tremendously.
Here is his ped, APBT (heavy Chinaman) cross
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/american_bulldog/dog.html?id=2176018-pluguglys-rooster
warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 10:45:48 am »

Just curious, any of you "American" bulldog guys on here have any blood that displays the herding instinct I have mentioned. I'm not talking about being able to walk your dog in cattle on a pre determined length of rope either. I have talked with some who use this method to impress judges at some of these "papered" dog shows. I'm talking about true stock bred working dogs with no "pit" bulldog bred into them, that will instinctively, work on cows. No offense to you American Bulldog or hybrid guys, just wanting to know how many of this type still exist and where I could possibly find one to cross with.

warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 09:28:16 am »

I reckon I'm beating a dead horse with that question around these parts. AlphaBravo, I'll holler at you later on these week.

Scott
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 11:04:00 am »

Just curious, any of you "American" bulldog guys on here have any blood that displays the herding instinct I have mentioned. I'm not talking about being able to walk your dog in cattle on a pre determined length of rope either. I have talked with some who use this method to impress judges at some of these "papered" dog shows. I'm talking about true stock bred working dogs with no "pit" bulldog bred into them, that will instinctively, work on cows. No offense to you American Bulldog or hybrid guys, just wanting to know how many of this type still exist and where I could possibly find one to cross with.

There may be dogs out there that can do this. But, the percentage will be minute in comparison. There just aren't that many folks out there that do/would work them in that fashion.
alphabravo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 08:34:19 pm »

Contact Ray Lane. That is all he really does with his bulldogs. From what he told me, he got goats for his bulldogs. He sells to a lot of farmers.

Life's not a bitch,life's a beautiful woman. You just call her a bitch because she won't let you get that p#$$y - Aesop Rock
Scott
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 09:00:18 pm »

Contact Ray Lane. That is all he really does with his bulldogs. From what he told me, he got goats for his bulldogs. He sells to a lot of farmers.
I thought Ray used them as livestock guardians...
alphabravo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 09:06:00 pm »

He has  few that will herd.

alphabravo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 09:07:41 pm »

He has  few that will herd.
  I spoke to him last friday. He also uses great pyrenee as well.

alphabravo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 09:09:08 pm »

Scott
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2015, 09:26:01 pm »

Learn something new every day Wink
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: