April 23, 2024, 04:36:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coon dog goes for the ear  (Read 1145 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2015, 07:08:30 pm »

My 3 year old blue tick is a coon hunting SOB. She will get after some coons. Well I wanted to see what she'd do on a pig, hoping she'd just bay up and I'd let my hog dog pups watch her. well Betsy wasn't baying at all. She went straight catch !https://vimeo.com/117757192

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 08:34:28 pm »

Get a bigger pig.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 08:42:16 pm »

Think it'd be worth a shot? I've never seen a blue tick as a hog dog. But she kinda surprised me

Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 08:58:15 pm »

I know guys that run them and they do fine. Most are med to long range. Rough on smaller hogs is also common. Open or silent depends on dog. I have seen some coon dogs get to trashing on hogs and next thing u know they decided they were hog dogs instead of coon dogs.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 09:24:18 pm »

They work

"Let's talk some philosophy"
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 09:52:57 pm »

Well I got 5 pups that should be starting trying here shortly so I guess I'll get a bigger pig and see how she'll do. I know she's got the heart to hunt and the nose for tracking. So hopefully she'll come around pretty decent

Kid7
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 08:34:18 am »

If I had a sure enough good coon dog I'd never let it near a hog but that's just me

Seth Gillespie
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 09:00:30 am »

I've decided against it. Reasons being 1 I don't want to get her hurt. It's technically my uncles dog but I've had it for 5 months since he moved to Houston. 2 I think trying to flip the switch on her from coons to hogs would just confuse her and then I'd have a dog I couldn't do anything with. So I'm just gonna keep hammering the coons with her and my redbone

GOODEN
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 08:16:39 pm »

If I had a sure enough good coon dog I'd never let it near a hog but that's just me

I totally agree!!

Lake Haven Kennels
Pwilson_10
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 05:48:25 am »

Well all I got to say is u better hope she forgets u did that cuz a sure enough good coon dog is had to come by and for some one to let her trash on a pig u opened somthing u may not be able to break no I know my uncle would wear my ass out I done somthing like that even to my own damn coon dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 08:16:08 am »

my thoughts exactly ,  I have made a lot of kids mad that are trying to sell hounds as finished coon hounds that also bay good in a pen   lmao   , what the hell ?  a good finished coon hound will only mess with coons and if I was your uncle and got on this forum and read this thread me and you would have a little trash breaking session  lol  . if you have some young pups that have what it takes just be patient and they will start theirselves . when I started that's all I had was some cur pups . no hogs no hog pen just wild hogs in the woods and we went walking every day soon we were catching hogs .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
Pwilson_10
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 01:16:11 pm »

That's right halfbreed it just takes time but no one wants to wait they want it now and it don't work like that need to go get video games if u want stuff to come over night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 02:27:46 pm »

I have the patience. I'm not frustrated that my pups are to young to hunt and stuff. I guess I just need to make time for my hounds like I do for my cur dogs. She is a hell of a dog and with the amount of coons we have around here. It's pretty fun. So Im just gonna hunt my hounds more now. And wait for my pups to line out as good gig dogs

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: