April 20, 2024, 09:52:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Outlaw cur  (Read 6096 times)
BOBDOG
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2015, 12:39:50 am »

Do the Smiths still have that line of dogs?
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2015, 06:27:13 am »

That's interesting about the smiths, the line of cur I hunt originally came from a smith man who ran a ranch outside of poplarvile  way back years ago and they've  bred right. That being said this part of the country is slam full of smiths so there maybe some relation or maybe not but pretty interesting. Mr. Mike my father in law was telling me about some folks that used to run cattle over towards the money hill area and they used dogs, this was back in the free range days and he said he believed they were smiths, is this the same set your talking about ?
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2015, 07:21:34 am »

Dave Goodyear owned Money Hill Hunting Club & abut 12000 acres on the other side of Hwy 21. He used to let us in there to catch hogs.
  Jack & Butch Strain also used to run cows in those woods also & had dogs.
 Our X state senator B.B. (Sixty) Rayborn bought up all the earmarks after open range was closed & he got us in to a lot of places to hunt. He quit hunting for about 20 years & when he got back into it in the 90's he could not understand why the hogs ran so bad. I would tell him, Mr. 60 (that is what everybody called him) we are not hunting the same hogs anymore. They have more pressure put on them, have russian influence, and cutovers. Back when he hunted them they were all feral, were only worked a couple of times a year & a whole lot easier to catch.
  Funny thing, when open range was closed, they gave all the stock owners a certain amount of time to gather their stock up. No way was their time to get everything gathered up so a lot of people lost a good bit of stock & altho you were not supposed to shoot or catch marked hogs, it was done a all the time.
  60 Rayborn was good buddies with Edwin Edwards & I used to tease 60 if he was going to go visit his buddy in the slammer. He said, they don't have him in their yet but they finally put slick Eddie in. They used to hunt together in their young years. That man had a ton of stories & did not know a stranger. A real good man.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2015, 06:17:09 pm »

Bob, I just saw your post & no, they have been out of the dog business for a long time.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2015, 09:21:50 pm »

Yea I knew mr 60 well. I had known of him all my life and was into hog hunting several yrs and met him through a mutual friend and we used to go run with him all the time. Knowing what I know now I would've enjoyed those times more, heck I was a high school kid then. You know a man by the name Jeff burks, he's asst. mgr at tylertown stockyard and he hunted with 60 a good bit.
cornbro
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2015, 05:54:55 pm »

Randy made a big name for his dogs in bay pens over the years as they was pretty hard to beat if they didn't catch out . In the woods they were fast hard hunter's with lots of bottom and rough when they got to a hog . They look like bird x bulls but he wouldn't tell anyone what they are made up of . It has just been in the last few years that he started selling his outlaw curs.
808hunter
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2015, 10:25:07 pm »

Does anyone have a contact number for Randy Dominy Outlaw curs. Im hog hunter from Hawaii and would really like to know more about the outlaw curs. Thanks
buddylee
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2015, 08:40:27 pm »

What u wanna know ?
808hunter
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2015, 09:56:33 pm »

What's the range, grit, bottom and are they open or close on track. Thanks
buddylee
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2015, 05:12:41 am »

His dogs aren't what they once were. He got caught up in bay pens. His dogs tend to be pretty rough. All the other things u asked about are hard to answer as he's concentrated on the bay pens and breed in different breeds. He used to have jam up dogs.
cornbro
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2015, 05:50:36 am »

They are silent on track . Medium to long range and gritty . I don't think bay pens made a negative impact on his dogs as there was only a couple that he didn't also hunt .
808hunter
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2015, 09:45:38 pm »

Thanks buddylee
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: