April 16, 2024, 02:46:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Lacey ????  (Read 544 times)
curdog87
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2015, 10:23:29 am »

So had a few questions. How do they hunt compared to a rough catchy cur. I usually run 2 curs at a time and if they cant hang it well then i make a phone call lol. Question is are they as rough? Are there straight catch Lacys? I prefer a fat jug headed cur with bite, are their bloodlines of these dogs that feature this? Depending on which ranch I hunt, I hunt most of my dogs rigged on the flatbed or in front of the truck. The other ranch I have 2 dogs that I just cast from the bed. They have great noses and hunt good its just that if the hogs makes it to the woodline or canal I call emm off they just load back up and on to the next.  Thanks in Advance  J.D. King
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 09:50:57 am »

I've got a buddy that's a straight Lacy guy...and have an acquaintance that's one as well. They're  a different kind of dog...for sure. Honestly...just like curs or hounds..you can't put a label on the Lacy Dog either. There are different lines with different traits. That being said...with the little experience I have with them...I've never seen one thats straight catch. That's not to say they aren't gritty and can't sit one down. My buddy DW has a kennel going that is producing some good hog dogs. His Huck dog is getting the job done on a regular basis and the pups he's produced over the last couple years are as well.

"Let's talk some philosophy"
T.R.
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 10:24:52 am »

The few that i fool with and that im around id say are short range and there gritty and will catch but there not dumb about it they will try a hog some before trying to catch if they cant catch they stand back and bay.

Riggin dogs and catchin hogs.
curdog87
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 01:48:51 pm »

Roger that. Thanks for the replies. As of now I will pass on the Lacey idea.  Thanks again
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: