April 18, 2024, 10:21:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parker Curs in GA  (Read 1558 times)
chipolariverman
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2015, 05:56:58 am »

I lost my best dog yesterday to internal injuries from a hog and he was a Parker Cur.  The problem is I don’t know exactly where he came from.  The man I bought him from said he had papers on him but I never got them.  I'm still trying to get my hands on the papers.  The dog supposedly came from another man that bought him from the breeder in GA.  He was neutered supposedly because of a skin condition.  Again this is 3rd or 4th hand information. 

His name was Slim, about 3-4yrs old, all black with a small patch of white on his chest and as he got older he started to show brindle on the lower front of his legs and around his nose.  This dog was very smart, minded very well and was a short range dog and had lots of grit to him and I really liked how he hunted.

I sure would appreciate it if any of y’all know of a Parker breeder in GA that this dog may have come from let me know.  I live in the Panhandle of FL.

Thanks in advance.
buddylee
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 06:43:31 am »

Never heard of a Parker cur with papers.
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 08:36:12 am »

Them are handwritten papers at best, I don't believe Larry registers his dogs at all. He will write it down on a paper for you at his house.
Scott
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 08:38:44 am »

Larry was using the NKC at one point...not sure if he still is.
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 10:10:50 am »

Maybe he will get on here and clarify but I don't think it worked out to where he kept it up.
jfarabow
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 02:16:38 pm »

That's the first Ive heard about Parkers having papers. The ones we got off larrys yard didn't come with papers. But we didn't ask for any either.
sanman
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 08:39:21 pm »

There is a fella over in the far southeast county of Georgia, north of Jax that has had some Parker's for awhile. He came out here and bought one from Mr. Larry a couple months back. Name is Steve McQueen. He is on this site, he might chime in.

Hey Ben, didn't Joey Flowers have a dog named Slim a couple years ago?
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 09:00:01 pm »

I might have, I know he still owns one named Slick if I'm not mistaken.  Larry owned one named Slim at one time, that was 3 years ago I'm sure he still owns him.
chipolariverman
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 05:17:06 am »

There is a fella over in the far southeast county of Georgia, north of Jax that has had some Parker's for awhile. He came out here and bought one from Mr. Larry a couple months back. Name is Steve McQueen. He is on this site, he might chime in.

Hey Ben, didn't Joey Flowers have a dog named Slim a couple years ago?

Yea I talked with Jessica Flowers yesterday which is Joey's wife and their dog's name is Slick and they had a puppy off of him for sale back in January and I talked with them then but just didn't have room in my kennels cause I wasn't finished adding on to them but that dog is already sold. 

Maybe Mr. McQueen will chime in.  I'm not but about 3hrs from Jax and have to go over there for work from time to time.

I also got a response from Mr. Larry on another forum and he did register his dogs for a time but hasn't in the past several years he said.

Again the info that I had was 3rd and 4th hand info so I wasn't real sure if it was even right.
sanman
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 05:11:19 pm »

That was it, Slick. Couldn't remember.
Chipola, I should be having a litter any day now also.
RBz_OFFROAD
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 05:32:27 pm »

Hey chipola I ended up with that make pup off slick been huntin him some. Also have a pair of gyps a little over 2 now that's off of slick as well.
chipolariverman
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 07:28:07 am »

Hey chipola I ended up with that make pup off slick been huntin him some. Also have a pair of gyps a little over 2 now that's off of slick as well.

RBz are you interested in selling any of them?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: