April 25, 2024, 01:49:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orval Roberts  (Read 1046 times)
Juan Horton
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2015, 03:03:08 pm »

I got the new issue of full cry today and on page 26 there is a picture of mr. Roberts. He was a great Plott man I used to talk to him every other day. He taught me a lot, I have 3 dogs from him. Rest in peace.
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 03:33:20 pm »

Post some pictures of the dogs when you get a chance, I'd like to see what they look like.
Juan Horton
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 03:46:47 pm »

Can y'all tell me how to do that? I don't now how to post pics.
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 04:48:54 pm »

Step by step...hope it helps.

http://www.easttexashogdoggers.com/forum/index.php?topic=5448.0
Juan Horton
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 05:52:23 pm »

Thanks
colecross
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 09:24:01 am »

Mr.orval for got more about dogs and hogs than most know,was a true dog man.rip.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 07:35:28 pm »

Mike Fradella & I used to go up to Orvals camp & hunt with him. This was before Orval had Plotts but he had some really good cur dogs. I think Mike & I gave Orval the Plott fever. Orval could flat walk you into the ground. Super nice guy with a great sense of humor. Back then Orval really had a lot of hogs in the woods. We would bay 20-30 hogs in a rally. Good times.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Juan Horton
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 07:46:46 pm »

Mike you have became a living legend also buddy, I thank y'all for all y'all have taught me. As you know when I got a question I call you or thom in a heartbeat. The last time I talked to mr. Roberts he had got out the hospital and the next day I was coming down to your place. I told mr. Roberts I would stop by and he said Juan I will be gone home by time you get here. I did not know what he ment then. When I got to monroe I called and his son told me he passed that morning.  My wife referred to him as the nice Santa Claus man lol, because of his beard. He was a great man. He told me he has a son that lives in Benton ar, that's about 30 miles from me, but I don't think he is into dogs. I have talked to his grandson threw mark before but never met him. His grand dad was a heck of a man. Rest in peace and keep listening to the dogs sing.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 12:11:46 pm »

Juan, thank you for the kind words. I am no legend, just a guy who loves to hunt with dogs. Here are a few pics of a hunt with Orval.

Ron Swinnefas(sp.?) owner of World Ch. Plott Kansas Sizzling Heat is leaning over me. Next to him in center is Eddie Young of Ark. On far right dick Swinefas sp.? Rons uncle. Me next to Orval. My Red Man dog had this hog bayed for 3 hours before we could get to him.

Orval & I

Hammer, Orval gave me Hammer that he got from a friend. Made a great catchdog. At the time Orval was using a blue leopard ring neck Catahoula for a watchdog. I think he called him Blue.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 01:00:23 pm »

Juan i can put them if for you. If you want i can give you my number and you can send them to me. I'd like to see them as well. He sounds like a super nice guy. I know a few old timers that are gone and some soon to be gone. Everytime they speak i listen. Its as simple as that.

Take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids
colecross
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 01:07:50 pm »

Good times there ,nice pics cajun.
Juan Horton
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 01:20:08 pm »

Yes please send your number, I will get the pics to you by in the morning
c dunn
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2015, 09:44:10 pm »

me and mr Orval. The dog I'm holding is Alabama Sarah that came from Henderson Johnson and the dog mr Orval has is Bud. We were riding down the road pretty fast and the dogs blew up in the box. We stopped and turned out and they went about 400 yds and bayed this big hog in the bed. I miss mr Orval.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: