March 28, 2024, 05:36:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going crazy  (Read 668 times)
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2015, 08:33:13 am »

I am about to go nuts trying to find places to hunt. Since I moved to southwest ar I have not hunted at all. I'm trying to find places but it is a slow go. I can at this point realistically see it being next spring before I find a place. I still have places on the other side of the state to go but with this piece of junk trailer that turns into a leap of faith with a heavy dose of prayer. Lol. I keep knocking on doors and talking with folks but by all measure I am still the unknown outsider. I'm making headway a lil at a time. I see people now that recognize me and are slightly more friendly. Having spent the majority of my life in a stretch that is 60 miles or so long and 50 miles wide I knew lots of folks and they knew me. If I didn't know someone chances are we had mutual acquaintances. This always allowed a sense of familiarity to those I may ask to hunt. That created a situation of a leg up in the approach for permission.  I'm not getting rid of any dogs. I will continue to knock on doors. All it takes is one door to open before ur back on ur way.

I'm just going a lil crazy with wanting to go. Between having pups I need to start and the older dogs that are going stir crazy not to mention the expense with limited return. I will sure be glad when that door opens. Lol.

Take care folks and catch a few for me.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 08:55:40 am »

I experienced what you're going through about 20 years ago when I moved to the east coast. It's not a fun experience at all, I wish you the best of luck breaking the ice getting permission on the first ranch.  Where did you move to, if you don't mind me asking?
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 09:07:27 am »

I moved to stamps AR in extreme southwest ar from the mcgehee area of extreme southeast AR.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
colecross
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 09:18:23 am »

Dang shotgun i didnt know u moved hope you find you a spot soon,your more tjan welcome to come hunt with us.good luck.
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 09:31:10 am »

Thanks cole I sure thank ya. I have been meaning to call u also. I have a 3/4bmc 1/4redbone pup for u if u want one.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
colecross
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 10:46:31 am »

Thanks i sure will give pup a chance,i will come after it this week if ok with you.thanks very much,out all the folks that i put in the game no one has offered me a dog.my hat is off to you! Thank you i have 2 pups off nutty.
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 01:02:58 pm »

I'm still back to the old days when u help those that help u. I may need a pup one day and hope those I give one to remember. I have male and female what do u prefer.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
colecross
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 01:09:37 pm »

Female,i give her a chance how old is she.thanks thanks
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 01:31:26 pm »

13 weeks this coming Tuesday. Haven't had a piglet to mess with but they go after the chickens and the cats. Lol.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 08:48:59 pm »

Cole tried calling u. Give me a call. My number is the same.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: