March 29, 2024, 02:42:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who makes a good baydog vest?  (Read 741 times)
Jared H.
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2015, 10:01:35 am »

Getting tired of my two baydogs getting poked in the ribs and or chest, so I'm considering finding a good bay vest to run on them. They're the only two older dogs I've got left. Thanks for any advice.

Jeremiah 16:16

There our two types of pain: The temporary pain of training or the permenant pain of failure. Choose wisely...
chipolariverman
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 10:09:22 am »

I ran the HardCoreHogDogs "Strike Vest" on my ruff bay dog with no issues.  I also run the same vest on my catchdog but with an extra layer of Kevlar, it has been hit a bunch and the outside is cut up but no punctures or pass through so far.  I have a bunch of their vest and collars and have been very pleased with the products and their service.

I really like them but they are a little stiff compared to "Southern Style" out of south Alabama.  I am fixing to order one of theirs to try on my catch dog just because it is so pliable.
Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 11:39:16 am »

Does anybody not use southern cross cut gear? I like there stuff and i dont think ive ever seen anybody talking about it on here .

Take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 11:48:42 am »

I run southern style gear and really like it. They don't make a vest that is a bay vest. They make catch vest of different lengths. Each vest is built the same. I have a full vest I run on my CD and RCD. I just ordered a half vest for a rough bay dog. I have them cut the leading edge of front leg holes 1.5" higher on running dogs to allow more range of motion than a standard catch vest.

I have also seen guys running hard core gear. Each one liked it and I was impressed. Have a friend that has one of their bay vest. It's cut to hell but not pass thru.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
Sambo5500
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 10:43:40 am »

Georgia, my buddy runs the southern cross catch vest on his pit and it seems to work very well. Good range of motion, not to hot and has taken a beating with pass throughs. Been running his about 3ish years. I also run the hard core stuff and it has been great so far. Dogs work well in it them and they are built well.
Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 06:27:14 am »

Georgia, my buddy runs the southern cross catch vest on his pit and it seems to work very well. Good range of motion, not to hot and has taken a beating with pass throughs. Been running his about 3ish years. I also run the hard core stuff and it has been great so far. Dogs work well in it them and they are built well.
i was just wandering. I know the fella that owns that outfit. He lives pretty close to me. We've hunted together a couple times. He taked alot of pride in his gear. And its priced pretty fair to.

Take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids
Sambo5500
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 08:15:00 am »

Meant to say with NO pass throughs in 3 years.
Hutch33
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 01:38:43 pm »

We use the Wild Boar USA Defender bay vest. Works good.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 07:02:03 pm »

There are many good ones and a few better ones
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: