March 29, 2024, 12:56:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/2 kemmer cur and half airdale????????  (Read 762 times)
hoghunter91
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2009, 06:19:05 pm »

does anyone know if half kemmer cur and half airdale is a good cross?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh???

"It takes a gun to kill a deer it takes balls to catch a hog"

Leon Alvarado

TDHA Member
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 06:49:51 pm »

My freind mason has a half bmc half airdale and it is a solid young dog. Its probably his best dog and he doesnt even know it yet! jk he likes dale but it is a good dog you dnt see him much in the woods either.
sfboarbuster
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 07:24:09 pm »

Only one way to find out, try it

John Esker
hillbilly
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 08:54:05 pm »

had a half catahoula half airdale, was the best hunting dog I ever had just caught everything

Lets go we burning daylight
hoghunter91
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 09:03:04 pm »

welll just tryed to hunt him and i bout broke my ankles from stepping on him Huh?

"It takes a gun to kill a deer it takes balls to catch a hog"

Leon Alvarado

TDHA Member
waylon-N.E. OK
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 09:15:22 pm »

91 how old is the dog, i'll bet he is young those "good" aridale/cross dogs i have seen usually hunt hard and most not all but most i have ever seen are catchy to, there is a guy around here who runs aridale/redbone's and there pretty solid dogs just to rough for my style. I think in general we all want them to be ( what ever we hunt) finished dogs by 1 1&1/2 maybe we dont say it but hope for it anyway.it's like the coon hunting magazines that show hounds treeing @ 4 months old the ones i had that started way early never got much better but the ones who made a steady progression were my favorites,  but i would not call one broke solid myself until 4 or 5, maybe i am crazy but thats been my experence weather it be coon hounds, coyote hounds, beagles or hog dogs. I hope you keep him in the woods awhile and i will bet one day you will look around and he will be gone.Good luck with him and best wishes....Waylon
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 09:40:10 pm by waylon-N.E. OK » Logged

Specializing in hard to find cold nosed armadillo dogs.
Osage County,Oklahoma
http://www.ok-federation-of-coonhunters.webs.com/
uglydog
Jelk's & Brick House Catahoulas
Global Moderator
Hog Doom

It's a good day to have a great day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 07:35:56 am »

You know,  I have to keep from laughimg at your question, and not just you cause their have been several like that on here lately, so nothing personal to you but realisticly don't you think that is a like asking if a half Asian/half Caucasion is going to make a good hunter?

Ask if the parents hunt? not the general public if theses breeds are good dogs, nobody here knows what those dogs came out of! Back ground on the INDIVIDUAL DOG is much more important than a BREED

sfboarbuster
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 11:57:12 am »

You know,  I have to keep from laughimg at your question, and not just you cause their have been several like that on here lately, so nothing personal to you but realisticly don't you think that is a like asking if a half Asian/half Caucasion is going to make a good hunter?

Ask if the parents hunt? not the general public if theses breeds are good dogs, nobody here knows what those dogs came out of! Back ground on the INDIVIDUAL DOG is much more important than a BREED

Thankyou for finally putting that out there. I was trying to figure out a way to say that.

John Esker
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: