April 19, 2024, 10:14:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Polaris Ranger 400vs570vs800  (Read 1448 times)
matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2015, 10:00:23 am »

I'd like some input in these different models.  I owned a 2010 I believe 800 and loved it just wondering how the 570 and 400 compare. 
Thanks

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session" - Mark Twain (1866)

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"~Woodrow F. Call

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson
Curcross1987
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 10:37:52 am »

I know the 400 is loud and breaks down a lot look in to the Honda pioneer it is a lot better no belts it is shaft driven I think mine was alittle cheaper than my Polaris
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 01:11:04 pm »

I know the 400 is loud and breaks down a lot look in to the Honda pioneer it is a lot better no belts it is shaft driven I think mine was alittle cheaper than my Polaris

Since you've owned both, you mind giving me a comparison on the two like the power, how it rides, how it handles, and how it puts up with a hog hunters abuse?
cantexduck
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 01:24:42 pm »

570 is sane horsepower as the old 800. I had a crew mid size that was stolen in September. In October I bought the crew 570 full size. I love mine. I can have six people in it with no problems. I didn't want time spend the extra 2k for the 900. There are times more power would be nice but it is not needed. I use mine to guide deer and exotics during the winter and hog hunt in off season. I have over 100 hours on it so far ,no complaints.

There's a coon, nevermind, thats Buster.

"So I pawned my lacy off to my girlfriend. That should teach her to meet men off match.com"
Rich.
Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 01:24:56 pm »

The fella that owns the farm where i sometimes work has the polaris 800 he has had some things done to it. Lift , better tires, snorkel kit etc...and i use it quite a bit over there. That sucker is AWESOME . Plenty of power, plenty of ground clearance. I really like it . I use a big 4 wheeler and i do just fine but ill honestly say I'd prefer to hunt with that ranger than my atv. Dave that owns southern cross cut gear has a ranger that has 2 rows of seats. It will comfortably haul 5 or 6 folks. That thing is real nice to. I dont know what size the engine is but we have had it in a few crazy mud holes at one of my old spots and it never missed a lick. Good luck with whatever you decide on.

Take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids
Curcross1987
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 01:45:58 pm »

Since you've owned both, you mind giving me a comparison on the two like the power, how it rides, how it handles, and how it puts up with a hog hunters abuse?

The Honda 500 is what I have it is no comparison I can go thru thing I never would have got thru in my range 500 the Honda is smoother riding and not as loud the only thing I didn't like about the Honda is the paddle shift but I have 500 miles on it so far and no problems at all I already took my ranger to the shop two times at 500 miles
Curcross1987
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 01:47:12 pm »

Onece I got use to the paddle shift I like it
bjohnston0311
Catch Dog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 02:03:25 pm »

If the Honda had more room in the cab, I would have bought it over my ranger 900. Mainly because of the transmission.
Curcross1987
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 02:38:45 pm »

Ya there is not a lot of room on it but I hunt by myself most the time so there is plenty of room for me
bjohnston0311
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 03:22:13 pm »

Ya there is not a lot of room on it but I hunt by myself most the time so there is plenty of room for me
Even when I sat in it by myself it felt cramped. I am average height at 6' and just felt like I had no leg room more than anything. I was pretty bummed out about it really, because that was a deal breaker for me. My buddy has the viking and it has more leg and cab room than my ranger....but good night that thing is noisy. I think it is hard to find one to 100% please individuals like myself...too picky I guess.
bjohnston0311
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 03:25:21 pm »

I'd like some input in these different models.  I owned a 2010 I believe 800 and loved it just wondering how the 570 and 400 compare. 
Thanks
I would choose the 570 over the other two simply because of the engine location which makes a drastic difference in the cab when it comes to noise. Also makes it easier to get to for maintenance. Unless they changed them, I think the 800 and 400 are still located more under the seat...heated seats are nice on the cold days though. lol
Curcross1987
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 04:31:21 pm »

Even when I sat in it by myself it felt cramped. I am average height at 6' and just felt like I had no leg room more than anything. I was pretty bummed out about it really, because that was a deal breaker for me. My buddy has the viking and it has more leg and cab room than my ranger....but good night that thing is noisy. I think it is hard to find one to 100% please individuals like myself...too picky I guess.

Ya didn't think bout that I am 5ft 5 125 pounds so I fit in a kids jeep
bjohnston0311
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 04:41:49 pm »

Ya didn't think bout that I am 5ft 5 125 pounds so I fit in a kids jeep
I laughed with ya on that one bud...lol
chads7376
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 08:52:54 pm »

I own a 2013 Ranger 500 two seater and a 2015 570 four seater. I have put my little one through pure heck (even crashed it a couple times) since I bought it in 2013. It's never let me down. I use the 570 for hunting now but I am really impressed with every thing about it. Smoothest ride compared to any other sidexside I've been in. As someone posted above the cab noise (due to engine location) is also quieter than any other sidexside I've been in as well. Power, I have a dog box, front rack and with 6 dogs and 6 people in I have had no issues with needing more power. With all the extras on it, it will still flat out leave my smaller 500 in a race. From what I've read the 570 is only 2 horsepower less that the yamaha 700's.
Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 09:07:17 pm »

I own a 2013 Ranger 500 two seater and a 2015 570 four seater. I have put my little one through pure heck (even crashed it a couple times) since I bought it in 2013. It's never let me down. I use the 570 for hunting now but I am really impressed with every thing about it. Smoothest ride compared to any other sidexside I've been in. As someone posted above the cab noise (due to engine location) is also quieter than any other sidexside I've been in as well. Power, I have a dog box, front rack and with 6 dogs and 6 people in I have had no issues with needing more power. With all the extras on it, it will still flat out leave my smaller 500 in a race. From what I've read the 570 is only 2 horsepower less that the yamaha 700's.
the ones ive been in were loud as well. Im deaf in my left ear and loud noises make it hard for me to understand folks..you have to holler at me. Haha..i get on folks nerves sometimes with it. But its only when there's loudness going on. If i get in a room full of folks its real bad. Lmao.

Take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids
matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 09:15:35 pm »

Thank y'all for the info. I really like the honda and need to go look at one and sit in it.  I need to haul my wife and son and both my wife and I are pretty tall so leg room is important. I'm looking for a smooth ride and enough power and speed to run down the county road when needed.  Use mainly just for hauling the family around and spraying fences feeding cows etc.  Thank y'all for the input!

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session" - Mark Twain (1866)

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"~Woodrow F. Call

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson
Curcross1987
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 09:19:07 pm »

My Honda only runs 38 they say but i never get over 20
jpuckett
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 10:06:57 pm »

I have the ranger 700 and it had a lot of power. Had an old
400 for a bit and this has so much more power than that
chads7376
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 11:11:43 pm »

Both of my rangers will run about 50mph.
Bull2414
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2015, 05:24:15 am »

YOU CAN GET THE 570 IN A FULL SIZE
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: