April 19, 2024, 03:02:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What kind of work do y'all do ?  (Read 6700 times)
spazhogdog
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2015, 02:08:56 pm »

Worked in the thoroughbred industry for years, now I just work some thoroughbred sales, build stuff with horseshoes and wood. I also clean at a slaughter house  and have have some healthy slightly overweight dogs but feed 13 dogs for free. Best part

Gods gifts   grandkids and puppies
Dlazyj
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2015, 08:43:56 pm »

I'm a Fireman professionally, and build houses on my days off with my dad's construction company. I stay pretty busy. But working 24 on and 48 off, I'm able to squeeze out at anytime and hunt.
where you a fireman at? I'm in Tyler

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2015, 08:02:26 pm »

Oilfield Pumper

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
Nannyslayer
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2015, 10:05:58 pm »

I glue the cotton on the stick at the q tip factory.

I sell agronomy inputs and diagnose injured crops, and work directly with fruit and vegetable growers to help them reach a year end yield goal. Kinda burns up most of the year but I get plenty of time in the winter to hunt.

But as far as the job goes, I'm that guy farmers don't like seeing called into their farms, because if I have to go there, that means something is wrong with their crop. It definitely has it's ups when I can figure out what's wrong and fix it, but it also isn't a good feeling when you have to tell a grower his crop isn't going to make it. This is mostly at fruit and vegetable growers, as our growing season is too short to replant and start over.
Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2015, 12:04:56 am »

I glue the cotton on the stick at the q tip factory.

I sell agronomy inputs and diagnose injured crops, and work directly with fruit and vegetable growers to help them reach a year end yield goal. Kinda burns up most of the year but I get plenty of time in the winter to hunt.

But as far as the job goes, I'm that guy farmers don't like seeing called into their farms, because if I have to go there, that means something is wrong with their crop. It definitely has it's ups when I can figure out what's wrong and fix it, but it also isn't a good feeling when you have to tell a grower his crop isn't going to make it. This is mostly at fruit and vegetable growers, as our growing season is too short to replant and start over.
how many time has working with / helping a farmer helped you land a spot to hunt? My wife thinks im crazy but i ask everybody i talk to if they know somewhere i could hunt hogs...lol...worst thing they can say is no. And hell i wasnt hunting there in the first place so theres nothing to lose..lol...

Take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2015, 09:14:49 am »

The better the farmers know u the better ur chances. Reputation is everything. The better ur thought of in the area the better off u are. Knowing mutual friends helps also. They can get a line on u from someone else. If u can get one farm u can pick up the next.   

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
Nannyslayer
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2015, 02:30:26 pm »

Probably could hunt a lot of ground if I would ask. We own quite a bit of ground and there is tons upon tons of state ground around to hunt, so those are the majority of the places I hunt.
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2015, 05:19:56 pm »

I just took over as ranch manager for a Beefmaster outfit and I'm moving to the ranch so I've been knocking on doors and introducing myself and have already gained more land to hunt, over the years by word of mouth your dogs will get you more places to hunt, it's taken me time but being in the agriculture business has gotten me more land than I can hunt now
RyanTBH
Hog Doom

www.texasboarhounds.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2015, 02:39:35 pm »

I'm in Information Technology... If it has to deal with a computer or server I'm working on it. I work for a DoD company called L3 Communications. Been working on computers now for about 5 years in the corporate world, but about 10 in total. I do side jobs fixing computers that have viruses and other problems, I also design websites when asked and paid to do so. Grin other than that, I work on my house, my kennels and help my buddies with theirs.  I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades master at none really... Grin but seriously, Over the course of my 16yr working career I've done dishwashing, McDonald's, pipe fencing, helped buddies with plumbing, little bit of construction, customer service and warehouse management, land management, and now the computers and customer support. Only thing I think I'm pretty good at is dealing with people... I get along with most anyone and know how to talk and relate to pretty much anyone. Has its ups and downs, but pays decent and where I'm working now is paying for me to finish my degree.

Do work, make chit happen, and never stop moving forward.
T.R.
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2015, 11:04:37 am »

How often do you see stuff like that at work he flew through our compressor station about 10 ft off the ground. Crop dusters are a little off.

Riggin dogs and catchin hogs.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: