March 28, 2024, 03:18:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CALIFORNIA hog doggers!!  (Read 1790 times)
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2015, 11:46:51 am »

Calling all northern california hog doggers! Im fairly new to hunting with dogs and dont have many friends who hunt with dogs. If anyone out there is looking for a hunting partner let me know. Im really into my dogs and hog hunting with them I just dont have anyone around my age to hit the hills with. Im in ukiah CA.

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 01:00:15 pm »

Is there any god areas up there you have access to? I was up in Orroville a month ago, there are some likely looking places but they al looked privately owned. I'd be up for the trip with some planning.
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 11:07:34 pm »

I'm in southern ca, I wish I was up there by you. How have you been doing up there?
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 01:16:26 am »

Is there any god areas up there you have access to? I was up in Orroville a month ago, there are some likely looking places but they al looked privately owned. I'd be up for the trip with some planning.

Just noticed this reply. I dont have any private access, theres tens of thousands of acres of BLM land but the hogs are scarce, Im looking to get a plott hound to help with that.

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 01:20:15 am »

I'm in southern ca, I wish I was up there by you. How have you been doing up there?

Just noticed this reply. Doing well on private ground when I go with friends, but not so much on the public. problem with going with friends is they usually only let you bring one dog. sure would be nice if I could find my own lease. Sounds like theres quite a few hogs down south. You ever try and get them in the santa ana river?

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 11:35:47 pm »

Just noticed this reply. Doing well on private ground when I go with friends, but not so much on the public. problem with going with friends is they usually only let you bring one dog. sure would be nice if I could find my own lease. Sounds like theres quite a few hogs down south. You ever try and get them in the santa ana river?

No, I have seen them as I live right off of the river, but only from a far at night. But as far as I know at least around where I am at, it is totally illegal to hunt them there.  Sad

I have a friend who has caught a couple further up north from me, not too far from Bakersfield. All public land there, and this same guy pulled a few from SD (public land) in 2014. He has a couple of good little dogs he uses, though small they will hold one. Just the bigger ones tend to get away cause they throw the dogs and are off and he will let them run them for a bit but has them trained to come back when he calls them back, which is good out here so you don't get in trouble for them running onto private land.

Are there any leases up there by you that will let you run dogs?
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 06:01:36 pm »

theres some good leases that you can run your dogs on, but they are expensive and hard to come by. I didnt know they had hogs in san diego. Ive heard of people catching them in that santa ana river, must be poaching. Theres a guy I know that has a few thousand acre almond orchard down your way, he keeps threatening to let me run my dogs on it but so far hasnt happened, the hogs are thick on it in the winter, he shoots over 200 a year without dogs!

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Nickstone
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 08:23:32 pm »

If you're by ukiah, I'd look up the mendo-lake hounds men club. You might be able to make some connections.
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 09:02:25 pm »

theres some good leases that you can run your dogs on, but they are expensive and hard to come by. I didnt know they had hogs in san diego. Ive heard of people catching them in that santa ana river, must be poaching. Theres a guy I know that has a few thousand acre almond orchard down your way, he keeps threatening to let me run my dogs on it but so far hasnt happened, the hogs are thick on it in the winter, he shoots over 200 a year without dogs!

WOW that sounds like a heck of a spot, man you will have to let me know if you ever do come down this way. Also if you need a place to hold up or board your dogs I have a few extra kennels.
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 11:47:07 pm »

If you're by ukiah, I'd look up the mendo-lake hounds men club. You might be able to make some connections.

Mendo-lake houndsmen isnt active anymore, I do go to the hog contest that Kyle Cievers puts on every year. Everybody is pretty tight about their access. Lots of good folks though. You in norcal?

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 11:49:58 pm »

WOW that sounds like a heck of a spot, man you will have to let me know if you ever do come down this way. Also if you need a place to hold up or board your dogs I have a few extra kennels.

ya, Im going to bug that guy again this fall about hunting down there, If I go Ill let you know. I only know one other dogger down that way. I like having two or three people on a hunt

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 12:13:51 am »

Yup sounds good.
ya, Im going to bug that guy again this fall about hunting down there, If I go Ill let you know. I only know one other dogger down that way. I like having two or three people on a hunt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: