April 19, 2024, 06:25:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BULLY KUTTA  (Read 6878 times)
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2015, 11:41:26 am »

Anyone out there hunt with Bully Kuttas or know anyone who does?

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 03:55:49 pm »

I dont have any advice to offer you. But I'd bet it'd be dang near impossible to find one without dog aggression. But hey ive been wrong before .

Take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 05:28:13 pm »

Im not aware of any in the us but from what I understand they are bred for four or five distinct purposes and one of them is for tracking down and catching wild boar. In Pakistan they dont use the game dogs for hunting and the hunting dogs are bred to be smaller like 90 to 130 lbs. The hunting dogs are bred to have really good endurance, they have a beautiful confirmation and long jaws with a square bit like a dogo. very similiar to a dogo in that they find track and catch.

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Ridgedog
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 04:10:08 am »

I have yet to see or hear of anyone in the States running dogs of that size 150 - 200lbs .Theres a couple of Pakistani guys on facebook who have boar dogs that look more like greyhound crosses.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 08:12:15 am »

I just don't see a dog of that size being practical in most cases. A dog like that would never be able to keep up where hogs run or in a open field I would think not sure but that's a educated guess. I would go under size than over size if I had to choose in this game
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 11:55:04 am »

Didnt you guys read my last post they dont use those large ones for hunting they use the smaller ones. You dont think A hundred pound dog thats been bred for endurance and speed for over a thousand years can find and catch a hog. Many of our large dog breeds have lost their speed and stamina because they arent bred for it anymore, but dont think they were always that way. Many wolves are over a hundred pounds and they keep up with large game just fine. And the original wolfhound was around a hundred pounds and could run them down, but they had more of a longdog confirmation. The Greatdane was bred to track and catch boar that would be a similiar style dog. Im surprised no one in the states has some. Theres tons of Dogos around being imported for as much as it would cost to get a bully kutta. Ive seen some pictures on the net of them and they are some of the most beautiful dogs ive ever seen.

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 12:06:16 pm »

Well by all means go get you one and try it out if your that sold on them and tell us how it works out for you.
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 11:56:19 pm »

If you let me borrow the money I will go to pakistan and get one right away! lol! I could never afford it but there are plenty of people out there who could.

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Fixitlouie
Boar Slayer

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 10:09:30 am »

Looks like a long neck DOGO

bay, catch, barr, repeat...
dallas22
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 11:02:34 am »

I seen them on craigslist but who knows if there where the real deal.

IF YOUR DUMB YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!!!
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 01:01:48 am »

I have 3 dogs with mostly wolf hound blood in them.  They aren't big like you might think.    They aren't full blood so technically they are lurchers.    They are the same size as my stag.  Their bloodline stems from working dogs, not show dogs.
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 12:53:47 am »

wikipedia says the minimum size for a male wolfhound is 130 lbs and for a female 105 lbs. not that wiki is always right but they are not small dogs

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 12:55:49 am »

Looks like a long neck DOGO

that long neck is very helpfull for not getting cut up on large boars

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 06:39:54 am »

wikipedia says the minimum size for a male wolfhound is 130 lbs and for a female 105 lbs. not that wiki is always right but they are not small dogs

I wouldn't worry about what Wikipedia says about anything. They base everything off the show breeds, and people who work their dogs and people who show their dogs breed in two different directions and you will get a huge variation in the two.

Bo Pugh
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2015, 09:04:00 am »

why would any one want to bother with that unless they want the prestige of owning one of them dogs. your right alot of the stamina in alot of dogs have been bred out in the U.S. but im sure alot of their dogs in pakistan have too been bred out. its enough great dogs just in the lower part of the U.S. to be able to find something that will work to catch a hog with. without having to deal with all that for something that you know nothing about onlt to more than likely get dissapinted in the end. and regardless if the dog is 110lbs give or take 20lbs he cannot stay in a race for the long haul.
Hutch33
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 02:19:50 pm »

I'd maybe use this breed for a protection dog but not for hunting. The Bully Kutta was used for hunting then they were replaced and used for dog fighting.  I doubt you would be able to find one that wasn't dog aggressive, and they are almost always over 100lbs...which in my opinion is to large for a dog at working weight.  I don't think the pros out weigh the cons for this breed when compared to other hog dog breeds out there....but then again, I use Dogos  Grin
Ridgedog
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 07:05:46 am »

Could possibly work in place of a dane in a cross.Don't know about their noses though.Would be interesting to see how a cross with something small and drivey like a whippet or smaller type Airedale would work.
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 05:02:07 pm »

I'd maybe use this breed for a protection dog but not for hunting. The Bully Kutta was used for hunting then they were replaced and used for dog fighting.  I doubt you would be able to find one that wasn't dog aggressive, and they are almost always over 100lbs...which in my opinion is to large for a dog at working weight.  I don't think the pros out weigh the cons for this breed when compared to other hog dog breeds out there....but then again, I use Dogos  Grin

Dogos are pretty similiar. many dogos are well over 100 lbs, but hog doggers just pick smaller dogs out of the gene pool to breed and hunt. I really like dogos, but they are white, I wish they came in black or brindle.

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Ridgedog
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 11:10:10 am »

Dogos are pretty similiar. many dogos are well over 100 lbs, but hog doggers just pick smaller dogs out of the gene pool to breed and hunt. I really like dogos, but they are white, I wish they came in black or brindle.

If you could find a good Bulldog x Bandog.  Grin
Hutch33
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2015, 01:31:14 pm »

True. The Dogo wasn't meant to be bred in to this huge 120lb dog, the breed standard is to be under 100lbs and that's how I like them.  I also agree with you on color, if there's something written in the standard I'd change it would be to allow higher percentage of black on the face and to add the brindle color. I have a Dogo mix with a brindle face mask, and you see the brindle pop up in some litters but not often.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: