March 29, 2024, 02:46:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ybmc x Great Dane mix  (Read 2141 times)
hogmantx1979
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2015, 09:27:13 pm »

Have lots of running hogs in my area and was wondering what are yalls thoughts on this cross? I was thinking of mixing these two to try and stop the runners

Life is what you make of it!!! Always stay positive
buddylee
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 02:45:53 pm »

It'll only help in open woods or fields. Not in thickets.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 03:36:01 pm »

Imo the best all around dog should be medium size 55 lb leggy dog with speed enough for open area but nimble enough to hold a decent speed in the brush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JUNIOR SEFFERN
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 12:25:17 pm »

I gave a old washed up fl cur gyp of mine to a buddy that worked with me that wanted a good dog to ride around in the truck with him and to be a yard dog.... Well she ended up turning into a street hooker and met the neighbors Merle colored Great Dane...long story short these guys were spit out. I took a couple and they made pretty good dogs in our thick woods of fl. A little leggy but not to great dannie. I gave one to a buddy lee Henderson and he was real happy with the dog. And as far as I know is stil making a good hand.

dallas22
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 12:34:02 pm »

I gave a old washed up fl cur gyp of mine to a buddy that worked with me that wanted a good dog to ride around in the truck with him and to be a yard dog.... Well she ended up turning into a street hooker and met the neighbors Merle colored Great Dane...long story short these guys were spit out. I took a couple and they made pretty good dogs in our thick woods of fl. A little leggy but not to great dannie. I gave one to a buddy lee Henderson and he was real happy with the dog. And as far as I know is stil making a good hand.

Those some good looking pups.

IF YOUR DUMB YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!!!
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 01:15:25 pm »

Nice looking dogs

l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 01:52:45 pm »

X2 how old is the dog in the first pic?

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 07:25:08 pm »

If I were breeding for speed a Great Dane would not be my choice. A good athletic built cur dog or running walker is where id look, but that's just my opinion, Danes aren't built for speed or longevity.
JUNIOR SEFFERN
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 10:50:20 pm »

That pic was taken when they were right around 8 weeks the ones in the pen were taken closer to 16-20 weeks.
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015, 07:39:34 am »

Have lots of running hogs in my area and was wondering what are yalls thoughts on this cross? I was thinking of mixing these two to try and stop the runners

I think you're trying to reinvent the wheel honestly. From PERSONAL experience, cuz I was the same way at one point, their are dogs being hunted pretty close to you I'm betting, that will flat get the job done.  Instead of trying what might work, listen to whose dogs get talked up or who is catching ALOT of hogs close by, and figure out how he hunts or what kind of dogs he's using.  To me, it's easier starting there because those guys are hunting the same exact country and have the same struggles, they've just figured it out at one point.

hansonw
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 09:42:20 pm »

Buddylee how's them Dane crosses doing for you I remeber you talking about them a few years ago and was wondering how they turned out?
buddylee
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 09:14:43 pm »

The crosses are coming along. The first group turned out pretty good. Just starting to hunt pups from the second litter. Last litter are under a year and smaller than I wanted.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 02:47:14 pm »

My buddy's Dane x cur farm dog

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: