April 18, 2024, 04:25:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips on my coon dog  (Read 5827 times)
CHRIS H.
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2015, 07:40:49 am »

I'm not sure where you live but if you could find a coon huntin club or group in your area that might help a ton.

https://www.apps.akc.org/apps/event_calendar/index_mobi.cfm

^ try this maybe
http://www.coondawgs.com/forum/index.php
This one too maybe

I messed up a good bird dog a couple of years ago guessing on how to train it .. .i watched abunch of DVDs , YouTube and books but this dog was a softer headed  dog .  I got tired of guessing and ended up finding and later joining  my local bird dog club . That club is  full of members that have been training and running bird dogs competitively pretty much all their life's . There's probably over 500 years worth of knowledge with in that group .. Plus it's open up new land for me to run my run dogs on and created great friends  me. My last dog came out of great blood lines and I got pick of the litter , for free
You just Never know

Actually now that I think about it that's how I ended up here .. On this website

I went to a "lone star working dog coon hunt and bench show "  back in 2011 and meet Mike Bolen ( owner of this website ) there along with other hog doggers .. And before I knew it they took me out that night to Flatonia for my first hog dog hunt ... Four years later I'm still huntin with them

Anyways just a thought ..
There's people out there that if you show them your dead serious about making a dog , they'll help you out.
Might save you from culling a lot of dogs and open doors you never knew existed

Good luck
Take care
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: