April 23, 2024, 03:26:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How big will a puppy get?  (Read 665 times)
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2015, 11:42:39 pm »

does anyone know a rough formula for how big a puppy will be full grown? Ive heard you can double the weight they are at 4 months and its pretty close, but I didnt weigh them at four months. they are six months and 41-46 lbs. Im guessing 50-60 lbs

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 06:31:29 am »

Go by the size of the parents.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
bignasty
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 07:22:44 am »

diet exersize and environment play a part.i have seen pups kept in a pen be smaller and feet/pasterns are weak vs free range pups in a large fenced area.
i give regular dog food and raw/cooked meats dairy ect. plus let the pups run about 1/4 acre fenced area my pups are always bigger then there littermates i give away to friends that are mostly kept in a wood floor pen and fed only dog food.
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 02:43:45 pm »

Go by the size of the parents.

the parents are 45-50 lbs but half the pups seem like they will be quite a bit larger than that. they are pit x mtn cur. I guess therye going to be as big as they will get, Im just impatient about it (:

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 02:50:39 pm »

diet exersize and environment play a part.i have seen pups kept in a pen be smaller and feet/pasterns are weak vs free range pups in a large fenced area.
i give regular dog food and raw/cooked meats dairy ect. plus let the pups run about 1/4 acre fenced area my pups are always bigger then there littermates i give away to friends that are mostly kept in a wood floor pen and fed only dog food.

they live in the country runnin free for now so they are really healthy. they mostly get dog food but some raw meat every now and then. I want to post some pics of them but I cant figure out how

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: