March 29, 2024, 08:10:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red boy, jocko  (Read 2000 times)
Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2015, 07:23:09 pm »

Anybody familiar with these. Pro's con's?

Take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids
Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 07:30:41 pm »

Looking at some pup's and the guy says there heavy red boy dogs. The sire and dam are Stephenson 's accent and Stephenson's joker. You can Google those names and it will pull up an online pedigree for both dogs. But I don't see any red boy or jocko anywhere on there. I don't know  squat about a bulldog pedigree though. Am I missing something?

WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 11:48:52 pm »

It may be Redboy way back there but it doesn't have a whole lot to do with what they are now. I'd be more concerned with what the parents are than anything else.
Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 09:28:55 am »

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=424932

Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 09:30:47 am »

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=224801

Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 09:37:15 am »

Here are the pedigrees of the parents. I don't know what I'm looking at. If someone who does happens to look at them i would greatly appreciate any information. 

blakebh
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 06:15:38 am »

The parents are bred nice! The male dog is heavier on the redboy jocko cross from Mr. Burns dogs and Baileys redboy dogs. You can click back in the pedigree and you will see the redboy jocko cross back a ways. I wouldn't hesitate to try one.

Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 08:17:20 am »

Said he would sell me a pup for 300$ I was thinking about  getting one

WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 12:02:16 am »

That's a fair price for a good bulldog pup. But if you are looking for a jam up catch dog (don't know if that's what you want) you are money ahead making sure the parents are solid catch dogs. I have owned this breed since 79 and tried to make catch dogs out of my Jeep/Rascal/Redboy dogs and they were just not as interested in the ear as the linebred catchdogs my buddies raised. They were eager, fearless and had plenty of wind. Got along fine with the other dogs but got a lil too excited and grabbed whatever they could. Now if I coulda hunted them year round  I maybe coulda fixed it but I am only in Texas for a month a year. The one I have now wouldn't impress anyone with his ped cause no one knows the most of the folks names on it but the dog has flat impressed me and there isn't enuf money to buy him. No reason this Redboy pup can't make it with the right steering. The Redboy trait most known was it's gameness. Wouldn't always win but they wouldn't quit.
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 12:49:23 am »

Those are RBJ with an out of Jackson blood. Like Wayout said that is a very fair price for a pup. Now the question would be what are you getting one for? If it for a catchdog I would heed Wayoutwest advice as you might be able to make a good catch dog out of one but they will prob tend to be a lot hotter than a purpose bred catchdog, so what that means is a whole lot more work for you. Which is not necessarily a bad thing and if you are willing to put in that time you might be able to make a good one out of one. Just my two cents, good luck either way.
Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 04:39:34 pm »

Supposed to meet the guy after the holiday clears out and look at what he's got left. He wants a little more than 3 but asked me what I wanted with a dog like that, and why I wanted one. I explained my reasons and he said for that kind of intentions I'd sell you one for 3. Pretty kind gesture from the fella. Thank yall for the advice.

Hitemhard
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 11:42:45 pm »

I have a question...since this guy is getting a lot of good advice on this dogs ped, how do y'all feel about Boudreaux and garner bred dogs that so many hunters use and love as catchdogs? Can we please talk about why some feel so strongly, either position you're coming from...
WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 01:32:10 am »

I will say the same thing I have said about any APBT that is closer to its true form. It is a bigger challenge to make one into a great catchdog that will go to the ear everytime, calm down quickly after you get him off, not want to whip one of your bay dogs when they bow up on him, drag you thru the woods when they hear a bay. That being said yes they can make good catchdogs but you better be a better than average dogman or it will be dang tuff. I have been friends with Floyd for over 30 yrs and have met Tom but don't know him well. They have both proved that they can breed true Bulldogs but they have not bred them for hoghunting.  If you are dogman enuf to steer them right they can make great catchdogs if not they can be frustrating as all get out.
Treezbulldogz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 01:38:05 pm »

Don't know about the Stephen's dogs but Burns, Bailey and Jackson families of dogs are very solid bulldogs. Like has said before, may be too hot of a dog for catching but you never know until you try. For $300 I'd buy one for sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: