April 24, 2024, 06:18:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: quick hunt on the Hogtoon  (Read 979 times)
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2015, 02:22:03 pm »

Well as y'all know its been hotter than Haiti lately but we've been trying to hunt at least once a week.Well the other day we had some good long afternoon showers and it cooled it off just enough to slip a quick hunt in right after dark. We met at the ramp at 9:00 my buddy brought Parva and a bulldog pup who ain't quite a year old I brought Henry Black and Buck none of which are over 2.Anyway we head down river towards the spot and the dogs all start winding hard towards the bank so we turn and drop.Dogs strike down the bank and Black and Parva start baying Henry and Buck leave the bay and run theres down and catch her at 700yds so we all split up My buddy Charlie and I head to Henry and Buck,Rodney and Dwayne head to Black and Parva.About halfway to the catch we hear a squeal from their hog one down.Charlie and I are getting close to Henry and Buck and still don't hear a thing so I was sure it was a monster get there and it was a decent sow who never made a peep.Ended up with the a good boar and sow back to the boat in about 30 minutes. Peanut the little bulldog got hit pretty good under the chin and Black got hit on back leg but nothing serious that was Peanuts first hog in the woods and she did pretty good. I was pretty happy with the all the dogs.[/URL[URL=http://s338.photobucket.com/user/itsacaseytime/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-06/20150629_225421.jpg.html]

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
blakebh
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 07:21:16 pm »

Looks fun! Good hunt.

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 09:44:02 pm »

Sounds like y'all had fun nice hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spazhogdog
Boar Slayer

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 06:35:07 am »

Nothing better than a quick successful hunt. And you are right about hot and dry where we are. The woods need a lot off water

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Gods gifts   grandkids and puppies
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 01:00:19 pm »

Sure was fun.You ain't sh@tn the river is really low right now it's pushing the pigs down to the water though the woods are dry.

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: