March 28, 2024, 04:33:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone use the dog sperm bank?  (Read 2542 times)
CHRIS H.
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 08:36:42 am »

It was super easy, I just took him in and held him by the collar while the lady stroked him off into a bag, the worst part was the gal was plus size and disturbing thoughts were going through my mind, kinda comical after the fact, that lady had skills, sorry if this is TMI
She said he had excellent motility and a high percentage of viable sperm, she estimated 7 vials and we got 9, I didn't do anything to prepare my dog for the experience, but he was a bulldog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thanks for the reply !
WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2016, 11:02:29 am »

I took a dog in some years ago and the gal doing the collection was young, pretty and single. I had to ask her what she told her boyfriends what she did for a living. She quickly replied, vet tech! LOL
Bryant
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2016, 03:19:28 pm »

I have several of my dogs stored.  Very easy and simple to do.  Best to flush dog a couple weeks prior to having him collected..especially if he hasn't been bred in a long time.  Guy who did mine for me isn't that far away, so I just took the males and had him flush them.  I figured if my wife came down to kennels and caught me jacking off a dog I'd have a hard time explaining what I was doing...better to just let him do it! Haha.

Also, best to thaw a pellet before storing and check how the semen takes a freeze under the microscope.  Some no probs, and some won't freeze and thaw very well.

A truly rich man is one whose children rush to fill his arms even though his hands are empty.
CHRIS H.
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2016, 07:38:41 pm »

Thanks so much y'all !
Semmes
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2016, 08:08:44 pm »

Just my funny experiences with collecting a dog I had...

I first brought him to my vet to collect. The dog was an ab and a dog with a fairly serious sort of demeanor. Not the most happy go luck type dog. The vet, the tech, and I were in the room. The vet did the old reach around. The dog had known the vet for years and they were cool. But the dog stiffened up instantly. And slowly his hackles kinda raised then he looked over his shoulder in slow motion. The vet and I both read the signs and knew that wasn't gonna work...

The vet then told me he would give me a ring when he had nother clients dog in with bitch in hear to stand and we woukd try it again. Well he he called couple weeks later. I went in that day and he had a female 4lb yorkie there waiting for us. Lol it worked and my fog got pretty worked up and was for most part ignoring the vet as long as he was close to yorkie. But he was pulling and practically so low he was humping the floor and we didn't wanna get the lady's yorkie hurt so after a while we called that attempt as well...

Next time I decided to talk to and then take him to the lsu vet school when one of my ab gyps came in to stand for him. Well it all worked great, my female stood he mounted fine. There was me holding my gyp, the professor, a couple female vet techs ( maybe students) and a young Asian vet student was doing the collecting in a big concrete room the used to collect like bulls and horses and obviously dogs as well. It was a big room, with water hoses and drains and stuff and a roll up door thst was closed and it kinda had an echo. Well the Asian dude got really vocal during the procedure. And was talking to my dog. He was saying stuff like... oh yeah, give it to, that's right, oh yeah....all in this real heavy Asian accent. Ieanthe dude was really getn into his job lol. It was dead silent besides this guys voice echoing around the room. And I looked around at the two young ladies and well all had the same astonished looks on our faces...everyone wanted to bust out laughing...it was one weird trip... Lol
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2016, 10:45:06 pm »

That's straight out of a weird movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Dirtysailor
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2016, 01:09:28 pm »

I am relatively new here but have used the below service to send frozen breeding to New Zealand with my DK/GSP studs.  Thought someone might be able to use the info.  Only two sites in TX but I know I am not the only non Texan on here.  The guy buying the straws was experienced in raising cattle so he know how to use it when it arrived.  Right now I am waiting to see how the breeding take as they are in in his tank, waiting on the gyp.

http://ik9sb.com/Franchise.asp

Mein hund ist meine waffe.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: