April 28, 2024, 11:41:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toughest Place You've Dog Hunted  (Read 3688 times)
Kid7
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2015, 06:39:43 pm »

I've been fortunate enough to hunt all over the state of tx and a few in Oklahoma. I think the toughest place I've hunted was 30 minutes down the road from my house in gatesville. Hunter a place with some big box canyons and the hogs ran and ran. Caught plenty of hogs there but it's tough on me. Always run into something though lol. Rocks in the hill country, everything pokes you in south tx, the green briars in my country around strphenville, and the tumbleweeds in the panhandle. Yes I said tumble weeds.... They're miserable when you finally find a patch of brush out there the tumble weeds will be THICK thick from where the tumbleweeds have been blown up against the brush over the years and it's hard for a dog to get one caught. There's some steep canyons up there but I can deal wth that. But the combination of those canyons, cactus, undergrowth, and green briars on that particular place in gatesville was definitely the most challenging place.

Seth Gillespie
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: