April 16, 2024, 02:25:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bulldog Size  (Read 2295 times)
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2015, 06:48:49 pm »

A big ol chain will pump a bull dog up. I don't think any one feed makes a pup grow bigger they might reach there size faster. Just depends how much you feed them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
decker
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2015, 01:10:12 am »

anyone notice dogs growing faster on cheap feed compared to good quality? I would have thought it would be the opposite, but from what I have seen corn based foods have pups growing faster and I dont know how it affects their final size. Dont know if there would be any easy way to even check that.
Yes, I've noticed it. But be careful with cheap puppy food, the pups will out grow their bones, or joints, something like that the vet said. I seen 2 in the same year out of different litters get so crippled you never thought they would be able to walk. Vet told me to keep them on large breed puppy food and gave me some pills and they cleared up. I didn't think just a cur dog would be considered large breed, but apparently I was wrong. 

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2015, 11:26:50 am »

anyone notice dogs growing faster on cheap feed compared to good quality? I would have thought it would be the opposite, but from what I have seen corn based foods have pups growing faster and I dont know how it affects their final size. Dont know if there would be any easy way to even check that.
Yes, I've noticed it. But be careful with cheap puppy food, the pups will out grow their bones, or joints, something like that the vet said. I seen 2 in the same year out of different litters get so crippled you never thought they would be able to walk. Vet told me to keep them on large breed puppy food and gave me some pills and they cleared up. I didn't think just a cur dog would be considered large breed, but apparently I was wrong. 

Hmm thats interesting I wonder why that is? Me personally I have noticed the opposite that their muscle tone and coat improved greatly on high end feed. And believe it or not when I switched to high end feed though the price per bag went up my overall feed bill stayed about the same cause I didn't have to feed anywhere near the same amount to keep them at the weight I wanted them at.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2015, 12:21:57 pm »

Ya rednose I feel the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2015, 01:56:12 am »

Hmm thats interesting I wonder why that is? Me personally I have noticed the opposite that their muscle tone and coat improved greatly on high end feed. And believe it or not when I switched to high end feed though the price per bag went up my overall feed bill stayed about the same cause I didn't have to feed anywhere near the same amount to keep them at the weight I wanted them at.

Maybe judge is right about the amount fed, my buddy that had the smaller half litter may have been feeding less, I never asked. But I definitely agree with rednose about the high quality feed, my dogs look way healthier than my friends who feed lower quality feed. I have been feeding the Diamond lamb n rice thinking it was cheaper because I was on a budget these last couple years. its about 25 percent cheaper than the taste of the wild salmon, but Ive been feeding half as much of the higher quality food without them dropping weight, so its actually cheaper to feed the higher quality food for me. it might be closer to the same amount in winter because they eat more, but still. wish I had figured that one out years ago. I feed about a cup twice a day for a 50-65 lb dog

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Teag_D
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2015, 08:51:01 am »

absolutely agree about feeding better quality. I feed 1/2 Diamond extreme athlete, 1/2 TOTW wet lands plus raw scraps. Dogs eat less, poop smaller, and look great. Just would think feeding better food would not slow the growth. Have noticed it a good hand full of times. Dont think it will change the full grown size.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: