April 25, 2024, 10:30:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blood Track with a Hog Dog  (Read 622 times)
nuttinfancykennels
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2015, 02:25:28 pm »

Does anyone use their hog dog to blood track deer?

I have a young BMC that is started on hogs. He has found his own but I only hog hunt in the cool months after deer season... too many other hobbies! I was wondering if he will learn the difference when he is blood tracking or when he is hog hunting? What is yalls opinon?
dallas22
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 03:35:16 pm »

Yea would like to know as well i lost a big deer a few years ago wanted to use one of my dogs but i didnt want to ruin my hard work . I was  scared  that i was gonna get him running  deer so i didnt. I got me a jagd now im fonna start throwing blood around and see if can follow a blood trail.

IF YOUR DUMB YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!!!
nuttinfancykennels
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 03:43:36 pm »

The guy I bought him from in North LA has 3 BMCs and that is all he does with them is blood track, been doing it for 35 years with black mouth curs. He said as long as you keep him on a leash when blood tracking he should know the difference. I would like to give my dog a job during deer season.  Just wanted others opinions.
Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 04:19:17 pm »

I would be afraid to make a dog track 2 different animals. When there tracking a deer I would bet that there also picking up on the scent of the hoof of the deer. That's just me though. I ain't saying it couldn't work. I had a walker coon hound that was a jam up dog, one day he took a notion to run a deer and by God it never stopped. When I wanted to coon hunt it was always 50/50 weather or not he was going to run a deer into the next county , or tree a coon. I threatened to shoot that dog so many times . It drove me crazy.

Take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids
joshg223
Strike Dog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 05:14:38 pm »

Absolutely you can if the dog has enough brains. Several people I know use their dogs on cattle,hogs,and blood.
koyote76
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 08:50:11 pm »

yes you can. i got dog that did cow,hogs,blood

“If you don’t have as much grit as your dogs then you don’t deserve to have them.”
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 09:47:58 pm »

Georgia...sounds like my Bluetick, lol. If he don't get on a hog in the first 30-45 minutes you better put him up till another dog strikes, lol

"Let's talk some philosophy"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: