April 28, 2024, 10:58:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For the ones that have hog dogs  (Read 13200 times)
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 10, 2015, 11:49:01 pm »

X3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
jpuckett
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 03, 2016, 08:16:30 pm »

I heard someone say a quote one time. It was. Comparison is the thief of joy.  I truly believe that. I don't get to hunt as much as I want, and I don't catch as many hogs as a lot of guys on this thread claim to. But when you are constantly comparing yourself to others it makes it really hard to just enjoy the hunt and the dogs. I enjoy my hunting buddies. I enjoy the companionship with my dad brother and dogs. But I refuse to let the fact that I don't catch 300 a year effect how much I enjoy what I do.
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 04, 2016, 12:31:04 pm »

That's a good attitude! I just want to have fun, have dogs that impress me and catch a few hogs

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 04, 2016, 12:57:32 pm »

44mag I agree I have ten dogs that I hunt and we hunt as much as we can usely twice a week. Sometimes 3 or 4 average bout 15 plus miles on the dogs and sometime 25 to 30 you would need a long stringer of dogs or plenty hogs at plenty spots

Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 04, 2016, 02:42:33 pm »

Let me tell you. I had never seen any other dogs besides mine until I had the pleasure of hunting with Chris scott up here in Stephenville. I thought I had a few dogs that hunted. Never claimed they were any good really, just said I thought they hunted well and I've caught a hog or 2 behind them. Well first night I went with Chris I got to see just what a dog who actually hunts looks and acts like and guys, that whole night I was thinking "I better just go ahead and shoot everything I got so this guy doesn't ask me to bring one of my dogs sometime" comparison that night definitely robbed a lot of joy out of going back and hunting with my dogs. But I will say my pack is getting better every trip and I think that is all about, being in the woods with dogs you enjoy and watching them progress. I quit comparing after that night and now I just accept that everyone has their own dogs and I've caught a hog just like they have. Chris could hand every dog he has over to me and yes I'd hunt the hell out of them, but it wouldn't be the same because I have nothing to do with how good those dogs are. Takes all the pride away.

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 04, 2016, 03:20:27 pm »

Never brag about your dogs or your woman. Cause Both cam make a liar and a half out of you tomorrow

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 04, 2016, 05:19:55 pm »

I Bragg on mine all the time my wife ain't never let me down she's always got my back. As for the dogs this fella told me one time it ain't bragging if they do what you say

Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 04, 2016, 05:39:18 pm »

I wasnt trying to stir anything up there judge. And I definitely was not aiming any of what I said at you, I've come to you a few times for advice and if I didn't believe you were a hell of a dog man I wouldn't have done that. What I was saying is more or less that I've noticed the people who truly have good dogs never talk much on them. They just go hunt and let the dogs do the talking. And usually the guys who have dogs like mine or of lesser caliber always want to talk on their dogs. Personally I try to keep my trap shut when it comes to how good my dogs are(frankly they ain't real good at all) but I'm game to jump in on a conversation on dogs and will tell stories of mine and talk about them. But rarely talk them up. I talked one dog up one time and she made me look stupid in front of a guy with what I think is a true solid set of dogs. Haha never again

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 04, 2016, 06:47:50 pm »

Ya I know you weren't. I was just making a statement no loaded guns here lol. I don't look at what people say bout there dogs I listen to what they say bout others and that lets u know what they think of there it's the same thing lol. Most guys do that instead of talking there up so if there dog looks bad it don't make them look silly. I go by the law of averages the numbers never lie hogs struck and finished is what builds your confidence in your dogs not teeth or over all numbers. Say a dog strikes 20 times and finishes 17 or so you know that the averages of that dog finishing what he starts is high. Now dog that strikes 20 but finishes 5 to 8 I would put much faith in. There ain't nothing wrong with a little bragging on your dogs team self what ever positive thoughts breed positive action.

Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 04, 2016, 07:00:56 pm »

Getting on here and praising your dogs is totally cool with me. I like to post on here stories of hunts and point out which mutts impressed me this time and which ones ticked me off. What I consider bragging is what I seen some guy from Oklahoma say on Facebook he said "I bet I have the best hog dogs around Oklahoma and north Texas

liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 04, 2016, 07:08:20 pm »

My goal is to hunt hunt twice a week and if I get one hog a week Im stoked, with the handful of small places I have to hunt and not many hogs, I wouldnt have any hogs to hunt if I pressured them more than that, its a delicate balance. I cant eat a hundred hogs a year, I guess if I had that many to kill Id give them to folks.

Im with you judge, I brag on my woman all the time, and my dogs, not how they hunt but just that theyre awesome Smiley

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 04, 2016, 07:08:26 pm »

Lol I Bragg on what they can do not that there the best no matter how good something is there is one better. I hear that a lot from people my dogs are short range and rough so I take a lot of heat from guys that don't hunt with me or seen my dogs in action they a far from the best but they give me there best

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 05, 2016, 08:56:54 pm »

Lol

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: