April 24, 2024, 08:54:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For the ones that have hog dogs  (Read 13189 times)
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2015, 09:54:48 am »

Slim9797 you sound like my kind of fella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2015, 10:01:00 am »

Looks like there are a few pro's and few joes lol. Every one is not going to agree no matter what the topic is I care less bout what any one thinks of me or my dogs. But make no mistake we get the job done every where I go and that's what matters to me and my boys and who ever hunts with us. I have talked to some very nice folks on this sight that have experience in this sport and other things as well. They way I look at is if you get frustrated and upset you should do something else.

Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2015, 10:15:45 am »

Some of the stuff a few of you have said makes me think the same of you as a guy around me who hunts and says "the best cross bred dogs won't ever hunt as good as the worst pure yella." He said this forever until he hunted behind a plott cur cross my buddy now owns.

Close minded people always sound ignorant when trying to justify close minded opinions.

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
hansonw
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2015, 10:39:27 am »

I don't see what's so hard about answering a question. This was not about bay dog vs rough dogs or hell it wasn't even about Aussie style dogs. It wasn't about who could claim the most hogs. I simply just wanted to know how many hogs yall caught. That's it I don't give a chit about nothing else. Hell the first guy answered 20 and I told him that's pretty could only going to the woods 25 times. Then it got turned to whose chit is better. Black streak im sure it's pretty cool to watch one of your dogs run down a hog in an open field. We I have the opportunity when I'm hunting I like to see it done. And I'm sure yours do it so much better and quicker than mine I'm not arguing that seriously. I know plenty of people that catch 4-500 a year. What yall have to realize for the tenth time this was not about who gets the trophy for most hogs. Simply how many hogs. I'm not knocking anybody for walk hunting. Texas is a different terrain. I'm sure there are plenty of places there is no way to hunt but walk hunt. I just wanted to hear a number that's all. Then in turned into a bunch of people getting their feelings hurt bc they don't catch as many as the next guy hell that's fine I don't care. I am also here to say my dogs are avg. I have owned better . Not once have I said anything about them. Just like everybody probably assumes I have loose dogs wrong my chit is rough as a cob. This wasn't about dogs this wasn't about atvs helicopters or walking this was simply about how many hogs do you catch

Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2015, 10:54:38 am »

Some of the stuff a few of you have said makes me think the same of you as a guy around me who hunts and says "the best cross bred dogs won't ever hunt as good as the worst pure yella." He said this forever until he hunted behind a plott cur cross my buddy now owns.

Close minded people always sound ignorant when trying to justify close minded opinions.

Very true usually.   I say usually because often times close minded redirect is articulated well by some and so sounds good and is taken as it's truth.   But once people have read a dew good rebuttles to well articulated bs, they tend to pick up on the bs themselves.      That's how I was anyway.     Wasn't till a person or two would call the biased bs for what it actually was did I really start seeing such things for what they really were.         I tend to think these people really belive what they say but I don't think it should be allowed to go unchecked and passed off as the way it is.

Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2015, 11:14:39 am »

Went out and got me a good hunting rig !   

Take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2015, 11:31:40 am »

Lol that's good stuff right there Georgia

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2015, 11:38:08 am »

I don't see what's so hard about answering a question. This was not about bay dog vs rough dogs or hell it wasn't even about Aussie style dogs. It wasn't about who could claim the most hogs. I simply just wanted to know how many hogs yall caught. That's it I don't give a chit about nothing else. Hell the first guy answered 20 and I told him that's pretty could only going to the woods 25 times. Then it got turned to whose chit is better. Black streak im sure it's pretty cool to watch one of your dogs run down a hog in an open field. We I have the opportunity when I'm hunting I like to see it done. And I'm sure yours do it so much better and quicker than mine I'm not arguing that seriously. I know plenty of people that catch 4-500 a year. What yall have to realize for the tenth time this was not about who gets the trophy for most hogs. Simply how many hogs. I'm not knocking anybody for walk hunting. Texas is a different terrain. I'm sure there are plenty of places there is no way to hunt but walk hunt. I just wanted to hear a number that's all. Then in turned into a bunch of people getting their feelings hurt bc they don't catch as many as the next guy hell that's fine I don't care. I am also here to say my dogs are avg. I have owned better . Not once have I said anything about them. Just like everybody probably assumes I have loose dogs wrong my chit is rough as a cob. This wasn't about dogs this wasn't about atvs helicopters or walking this was simply about how many hogs do you catch

Yeah hansonw your right, you weren't talking crap really, you just honestly wanted #s I believe.     It was Bo Pough and Oconee that started talking so much crap about people who walk and the caliber of their dogs they have because they can walk hunt with their dogs and trying to make out like all my dogs do is catch pigs off fields and try to undermine the finder holder dogs and sighting what were hog dogs and what weren't.    It was that kinda bs that got called out by judge, cracker, and myself along with a few others.     Sorry your thread turned into what it did.   The constant sighting of views vs ccomments and the other remark about the people that frequently talk on here that have yet to give out their number on your thread was not helpful in the direction your thread took.      You get people spewing chit on any thread like Po Bough and Oconee and maybe on or two others did on here, I believe they should be called out on it.            

Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2015, 11:43:56 am »

I hope the guys and gals of tomorrow that are starting out now and see this forum as of great interest and insight, see the guys such as this thread starter and s$!t starter for the glory hound wanna be spotlight craving biased fool that he is and others like him are and realize it it because of people like them that keep good people silent and off this forum.     Thankfully we still have many people on here that are worth looking up to but I see so many of them going silent.

Glory hound and chit starter? No I'm just calling it like I see it and what I see is I'll catch more hogs in two years then you do in a decade. Your the one that I posted this thread for glad you came to visit and not put a number on it. Bc this was the point I was looking for. I simply state what i catch just like the others and yet I'm the chest beater bc I caught the most? That's not the point I was making I guess the point I'm making to any of the readers is watch who you take advice from bc they probably don't catch anything. My post came off as arrogant bc i just came out and asked ok guys lets here the numbers instead of reading 10 pages how my new finder holder is so awesome and can't smell a dang biscuit

Here is a pretty good example by you yourself as to why this thread took on a negative light in the beginning.     Your biased lol
ED BARNES
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2015, 12:00:55 pm »

I am all for discussion that pushes people to think... no good will come from all the chest beating. Numbers? I don't know numbers, never cared to tally. I don't care to compete with other hunters, the competition is between my brain, dogs and hogs.  Hog hunting is challenging enough without dealing with all the tough guys. So NO, i wont throw out a number, but i will keep on hunting and working dogs despite what is posted on the internet.

Bo Pugh
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2015, 12:10:55 pm »

im not spewing chit black streak. i know i dont feed chit eaters and call them hog dogs. you say the kind of dogs i hunt are a dime a dozen go to the dog trade now and look at the two finished dogs for sale for 3500 a piece. i dont know anyone that would give 3500 for a lifetime supply of dogs to run a hog in a field then come back after a litte piece of running, but they will give 3500 for two that will hunt and stick with a hog. you said go look up some man from austraila hes a dog man cause he wrote a bunch of stuff on finders holders. hell sean kelley wrote a hog doggers bible and im sure if you aint ever heard of him someone can tell you how much of a dog man he is just because someone can write a bunch of stuff and use some good grammer dont mean much when it comes to dogs. . it took me along time to get the dogs i got now almost 10 years cause i woudnt settle for just a dog and call it a hog dog. i culled alot of dogs that most people could of took anywhere and caught a hog or two with. im still sticking to my original statment about the caliber dogs that people that walk hunt usually feed and i do not want to own any of them and im sure if your walk hunting you dont want to own any of mine either.
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2015, 12:55:00 pm »

I am all for discussion that pushes people to think... no good will come from all the chest beating. Numbers? I don't know numbers, never cared to tally. I don't care to compete with other hunters, the competition is between my brain, dogs and hogs.  Hog hunting is challenging enough without dealing with all the tough guys. So NO, i wont throw out a number, but i will keep on hunting and working dogs despite what is posted on the internet.

Good for you man!    I like your style and agree with your way of hog dogging.    Who cares about numbers and judging this guy against that guy based on their numbers.     You sound like you really get enjoyment out of  hog dogging for the same reasons me and a lot of others do.          When i first went hog dogging I was with an egotistical guy who ruined it for me.    He had good dogs, just his short fuse during adversity turned me off for a long time.    Another guy with your attitude was how I took a second look at hog dogging and took a liking to it.        I bet you are a lot of fun to hunt with.
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2015, 01:50:57 pm »

im not spewing chit black streak. i know i dont feed chit eaters and call them hog dogs. you say the kind of dogs i hunt are a dime a dozen go to the dog trade now and look at the two finished dogs for sale for 3500 a piece. i dont know anyone that would give 3500 for a lifetime supply of dogs to run a hog in a field then come back after a litte piece of running, but they will give 3500 for two that will hunt and stick with a hog. you said go look up some man from austraila hes a dog man cause he wrote a bunch of stuff on finders holders. hell sean kelley wrote a hog doggers bible and im sure if you aint ever heard of him someone can tell you how much of a dog man he is just because someone can write a bunch of stuff and use some good grammer dont mean much when it comes to dogs. . it took me along time to get the dogs i got now almost 10 years cause i woudnt settle for just a dog and call it a hog dog. i culled alot of dogs that most people could of took anywhere and caught a hog or two with. im still sticking to my original statment about the caliber dogs that people that walk hunt usually feed and i do not want to own any of them and im sure if your walk hunting you dont want to own any of mine either.

I refer ed to Ned Makim because you were asking about my dogs.  Not because he wrote a book.   But he does knowthis astyle of hunting and the dogs very well.      The Sean guy you mention is probably a great dog man too.   Never read his book and don't know him.   I don't doubt you you have good dogs but when you start saying they are better than everyone else's and it's just a dog that has a specific niche in the group of dogs it takes you to find and catch a hog, is where I say that dog your so high on is just a dime a dozen.    Most every body on here has a strike dog / bay dog.    You get you a dog that you can take to the pasture by itself and find and catch hogs with, then you won't have a dog that most others on here do but untill then your dog needs other dogs in order for you to take possession of a pig.  Them dogs are a dime a dozen here.      Don't know what your getting at with the money value of a dog.   I ain't never paid more than $ 400 for any dog I ever have or had and only 1 dog had ever seen a pig before it came to my yard.   I'm not interested in selling dogs or buying them.  Here is what I think about selling dogs, I put the stag type pups i had for sale for $100.     I could have gotten more I'm sure and made money off them beause within days they were all gone but that's not where my interest lies.      I just enjoy hog dogging and enjoy good dogs and like like minded people no matter what kinda dogs they have.    If you think your dog needs to be sold for thousands of dollars then great but I aint like that.  Just because the dogs you speak of have a high price tag on them don't make them better than my dogs or your dogs and it don't mean them dogs ain't a dime a dozen to me because I doubt very highly I could take that high dollar dog and go find and catch pigs without a $100 bulldog their to be the closer lol.  You see that high dollar dog as a HOG DOG, i see it as half a hog dog which are a dime a dozen.   
   Bo Pough in short what I'm saying is you ain't gotta hog dog, you got half ass dogs no matter what the price you think they are worth or how many you have culled and how much better you think your dogs are than.   You can't catch chit without the assistance of a second dog can you.       
    My dogs here in the US are no where near as common as your dogs.    Mine however are a dime a dozen  in Australia.     No big deal.   Who cares how rare or common a dog type is or hunting style is but when you want to tell others how great your dogs are because you have culled through so many and say others don't have real hog dogs because they aren't as good as yours, then ihave to beg the question,  can just one of your dogs you call a HOG DOG put a decent pig in your hand like so many others have on this sight like, TazD, Cracker, Judge, me, and all the other guys that have dogs that can find and catch their own pigs?     Didn't think so!   You go ahead and sell your high dollar chit that takes a pound bulldog to finish the job your high dollar HOG DOG can't.      Also I have no reason to doubt you that I couldn't walk behind your dogs because sounds like they can't stop chit from running off.   One of these days you will finally cull through enough dogs you will finally get you some that will allow you to walk hunt.   Untill then you better keep your buggy tuned up so you can keep up with them dogs you chase them pigs around with.   
oconee
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2015, 04:43:03 pm »

Black sheep I don't know where you hunt or what kind of hogs you catch with ONE dog but what I consider a good boar will need a couple dogs on him.    If your catching swine with one dog I'd call them pigs most likely.   Could you post a video or something?   You've about got me talked into culling out and getting me some "finder grabbers"  I just need a little evidence that these dogs can do what you say they can do.   Thank you
Bo Pugh
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2015, 04:54:33 pm »

"finders holders"  get it right!!!!!
oconee
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2015, 05:06:15 pm »

Oh yea "finder holders" my bad.    Hey Black creep while you uploading them videos could you tell us how long these dogs will run a hog if they get after a runnin sucker.    I like a little bottom and by the way do you think they can take a 15 minute old track or do I have to show them every hog?    Just wanting to get a few more details, I'm heading to town tomorrow for a box of .22 bullets.   Do you have any pups available?
Pwilson_10
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2015, 05:55:15 pm »

OCONEE ur so mean don't shoot them bud them finder holders won't last up there were ur at and I would hate for ur friends to laugh at u when u show up with them finder holders

Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2015, 07:49:53 pm »

Black sheep I don't know where you hunt or what kind of hogs you catch with ONE dog but what I consider a good boar will need a couple dogs on him.    If your catching swine with one dog I'd call them pigs most likely.   Could you post a video or something?   You've about got me talked into culling out and getting me some "finder grabbers"  I just need a little evidence that these dogs can do what you say they can do.   Thank you

I can't post ppics on this forum do to the formate this forum requires to down load them to it.    I've done had to have Peel post a picture of a big black and white boar i caught.   Used two dogs for it.  You didn't see that pig?
   I don't deliberately run just one dog, i run two but if there is more than one pig, I'm likely to have two pigs caught.    And no need in culling your dogs, you don't need to be like me, just don't claim you have the best dogs on the forum because there are people here that have dogs that can do by themselves what it takes multiple dogs of yours to do.   I haven't ever got on a soap box and claimed my dogs are the best or my way is best.   I just put you egotistical guys in check and tell you your dogs can't do but half what others guys on here can.     I understand you are proud of your dogs but stay humble man.    For what it's worth I was witness last month to 1 dog finding and holding a 446# boar.    Made it look like child's play.      Was the dad to my young dogs.     Want to call me out of that?    I dare ya lmao
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2015, 08:22:49 pm »

er holders" my bad.    Hey Black creep while you uploading them videos could you tell us how long these dogs will run a hog if they get after a runnin sucker.    I like a little bottom and by the way do you think they can take a 15 minute old track or do I have to show them every hog?    Just wanting to get a few more details, I'm headed to town tomorrow for a box of .22 bullets.   Do you have any pups available?

I've explained these dogs to you before Oconee and on count of your learning deficiency I'll tell you again.    Picture them as a 40 mph pit bull that has the hunts like a cur.     Reason i run these dogs is to prevent pigs from running.    Picture this, your a beautiful look boar hog laying your bed of leaves.    All the sudden you hear something and stand up to see whats comming and BAM you got a helaciousesly athletic dog controlling you by the ear.     Or if you turn to run in time to be able to run, it's pointless and you turn to sucker punch your pursuer because out running it ain't an option.   Worst thing a pig can do is try to run and not stand to fight because they just give that ear up.        Thick brush that only a pig can zip through is their only chance at excape.    However normally they are instantly caught before they realize the threat and run in it if they are already in it and second if they aren't in in but are just close to it, close and close enough for them cause they get smoked down before they can get to it, if for some reason they realized the threat the dogs posed to them shortly before the dogs get to them.    Once the pigs move and swap the dogs over from scent to sight, the dogs hit speeds of which your dogs don't have.    You get now why I don't have a problem with pigs running?   As for bottom, well got to have a runner to see the bottom lol.   They have been bred for their endurance though and don't have much trouble holding for a while.    In large part do to their build and athletsism and how well they can control a hog.   Second, one that doesn't have much endurance is a cull.    You get it now?
oconee
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2015, 08:46:36 pm »

Man that sounds awesome!    Hogs don't have a prayer!    I'll have to admit Black freak you got my excited about making this change.   Take my money and tell me where I come to pick up these "fender benders" up at.   I'm like a kid on Christmas mourning!   I think I might quit my job and just catch and sell hogs when I get my pack of "flamin rappers" going.     Lets see..........     if I hunt 5 days a week and strike hogs 4 out of 5 hunts I can possibly catch $400-$600 worth of hogs a week because nothing will get away.   I'm gonna need a couple females black hawk, my buddies will see my success and I'll be able to sell pups as fast as I can raise them.   Huh, combine pup sells with my hog sells and I may be able to live out my dream of starting my own business.   Male strippers make a load of cash and I know I have the body for it and have been wanting to open my own male strip club for years.    Wow this is exciting!!    I never thought I could get this up and running but with the help of Blue Stomper and his "flagger hangers" I'll be shaking my sexy butt in no time.     I already have several thongs picked out and I bet the ladies will pour in the first night I open the doors.   Wow, just think I'm gonna acheive all this success because Black jacker showed me the light and cut me in on his "grinder rounders"     I'll PM you for the pay and pick-up info on my new pack.    Thanks again Black momma!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: