March 28, 2024, 11:55:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For the ones that have hog dogs  (Read 13139 times)
Bo Pugh
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2015, 12:54:31 pm »

Ya there is a lot of talk on here bout hunting dogs and hog. Lot of good info to be passed around. What I have found since I been a wannabe Internet hog hunter is that most of the guys I have hunted with off this site and face book talk a big game. But there are some on here that can do what they say and then some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i have met alot of poeple like that myself that at the gas station before the hunt was bragging on their dogs about they was this and would do that, most of them realized they needed a good 22 at the end of the hunt cause they knew exactly what kind of dog they was feeding and they wasnt hog dogs. i have come to realize most people are happy feeding what they got cause they havent ever actually hunted with good dogs before,
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2015, 03:10:36 pm »

"Open-mindedness" is for people that gave never layed eyes on exactly what they want.    It is not wrong to know what suits yourself and strive to attain it more often.    Occasionaly helpful information is construed as an attempt to belitte others ways when often times the "azzhole" actually had decent intentions.   

well when your close mindedness makes you say blanket statements like your dogs are better than everyone elses and not one of your dogs can do what so many others on this forum can, then all you are is dullisional
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2015, 07:28:22 pm »

I got what I want I feed them every day. I could care less bout what any one thinks is a hog dog we all have our on interpretation of that and some might be lower or high on the scale. But as they say every dog has his day

oconee
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2015, 08:28:51 pm »

The one common thing that Peel and Black Streak continue to say is "I don't care what......."  but apparently they do care because neithet is able to shut up.

I DO care and time allowing I will debate every idiotic line of BS anyone puts on here.    Take care
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2015, 08:40:05 pm »

Lol you go fella

RyanTBH
Hog Doom

www.texasboarhounds.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2015, 10:00:34 am »

The one common thing that Peel and Black Streak continue to say is "I don't care what......."  but apparently they do care because neithet is able to shut up.

I DO care and time allowing I will debate every idiotic line of BS anyone puts on here.    Take care
x2
I put way too much time and effort into my dogs and figuring out what their abilities are and improving upon them to not care. You nailed this one oconee... But I think Judge has a point at the same time... Seems like he's saying he doesn't care if anyone is trying to compare his dogs to what their version of a "hog dog" is... He has his dogs and he likes them. I'm the same in that aspect. It's not that I don't care what people think of my dogs, it's just that they're my dogs and I like them and hunt them so it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of them.

And the open-mindedness statement, IMO, is vital in continuing to learn. If anyone thinks that their way is the only way or it's the highway then they're idiotic. There are so many different types of dogs and so many different ways of using said dogs to hunt all types of game. There is no end all be all. If I can stay open minded enough to see different aspects of different styles of hunting, then I might be able to use some of the different aspects to improve my way of hunting or my dogs way of hunting. I'm all for learning anything I possibly can. The more you know the better chance you have of accomplishing your goals... If your goal is to catch hogs, then you'd figure you'd be open to just about anything that gets the job done right? Idk and JMO... I'm for damn sure not going to be the guy that says, "my dogs are the chit and better than anyone's chit eating dogs!" This is a perfect example of why I love to travel and hunt, and very much appreciate anyone that has let me and mine come and join in on their hunting adventures. I've learned so much from hunting with other doggers from around the state... And I try to keep it all in mind when doing what we all love to do.

I'll be the first to say, I'm not perfect, my dogs are far from perfect, but we still love to hunt and catch hogs. I like my dogs and is why I keep feeding them... If you don't like my dogs then that's ur prerogative and you're entitled to that. Happy hunting!

Do work, make chit happen, and never stop moving forward.
Scott
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2015, 10:09:09 am »

Well, all I have is a bunch of potlickers...but, I sure do appreciate all of you with those high powered dogs educating those of us that don't  Wink
oconee
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2015, 03:12:13 pm »

Ryan, I didn't start yesterday.    I have seen what works here and thats what I'm trying to tie up around my house.   Good luck to all but NO ONE on this site is recruiting me to their style!
RyanTBH
Hog Doom

www.texasboarhounds.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2015, 04:18:55 pm »

Ryan, I didn't start yesterday.    I have seen what works here and thats what I'm trying to tie up around my house.   Good luck to all but NO ONE on this site is recruiting me to their style!

I can't say I blame you there bud... We do the same thing, breed what works for us. I just like to test my dogs in as many different places as possible, and learn from people hats been doing it longer than me.

I can say this, what you're doing looks like it works well. Your Plotts are really good looking dogs. If you ever have a litter you want to home one or two of the pups out of, I'd gladly feed em. One of my favorite crosses we've made is my boy Fred over a full Pocahontas Plott named Soka. Would love to make the cross again but she's gone...

Do work, make chit happen, and never stop moving forward.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 04, 2015, 07:45:51 pm »

I sure ain't trying to change anyone's style I like all styles and put equal value on them cuz there are different style as a ford chevy and dodge. Some will say one is better than the other but if taken care of they all will do the job. Same with dogs just my thoughts tho

Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 05, 2015, 07:28:34 am »

I haven't caught wind of anyone on either side trying to convert others to their style or their dogs.     What's most of this back and forth stems from is me comparing the dogs like mine, peels, crackers, budylee, and several other from this sight, to the dogs of the guys insinuating their dogs are better and more of a hog dog than anyone else's on the sight.    Just merely said that not one of their kinda dogs can do what one of ours can from start to finish on a big.     None of us with rough dogs were boasting or making outrageous claims of being better or having the best dogs like they were.
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 05, 2015, 07:40:53 am »

In short what I'm saying is we should  all be able to keep one another honest and in check.     
lacrash
Catch Dog

HURRY HURRY HURRY!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 05, 2015, 08:10:26 am »

I haven't caught wind of anyone on either side trying to convert others to their style or their dogs.     What's most of this back and forth stems from is me comparing the dogs like mine, peels, crackers, budylee, and several other from this sight, to the dogs of the guys insinuating their dogs are better and more of a hog dog than anyone else's on the sight.    Just merely said that not one of their kinda dogs can do what one of ours can from start to finish on a big.     None of us with rough dogs were boasting or making outrageous claims of being better or having the best dogs like they were.

We run loose dogs n dont let our dogs out with rough dogs. It is all preference. Every man has an opinion, as i cull rough dogs i cant get to back up. Our loose medium range dogs  catch us plenty of hogs in north la south ark. We never walk them just cast them n wait for them to bay up. I always compared dog hunters to bowhunters.... If a man shoots a mathews by God he is mathews till he dies, while a Hoyt guy would never shoot a mathews because obviously he is a hoyt guy. Each man could have bought either bow to begin with just like any man can start up a pack of dogs to his likings
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 05, 2015, 12:05:58 pm »

As bush said a tiger don't change it spots lol

Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 05, 2015, 12:06:47 pm »

We run loose dogs n dont let our dogs out with rough dogs. It is all preference. Every man has an opinion, as i cull rough dogs i cant get to back up. Our loose medium range dogs  catch us plenty of hogs in north la south ark. We never walk them just cast them n wait for them to bay up. I always compared dog hunters to bowhunters.... If a man shoots a mathews by God he is mathews till he dies, while a Hoyt guy would never shoot a mathews because obviously he is a hoyt guy. Each man could have bought either bow to begin with just like any man can start up a pack of dogs to his likings

Right on man!   
Jason Dunn
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2015, 12:46:51 am »

I don't get to hunt much anymore if I had to say I guess I hunt now about 2-3 times a month I have a large pen that I tune them up in now and then.
I think for 2015 I have caught about 18-20 since February because we eat them and cant carry out alive we get one and that's it hunts over we clean it and make sausage.
If I could tie them up and keep hunting we would catch more but I don't catch them to just to kill them and leave them we use all the meat and that's how its been all my days.
I got a couple dogs that's good enough in my eyes where I hunt we cast where hogs are known to be and usually we get one sometimes 2 most the guys I hunt with don't have dogs and work for food lol.
Don't know what I would do with 100-200 hogs for sure I would have none left for seed but I think if I hunted 2-3 times a week I could catch a decent number but my spots would dry up.
I wouldn't want to walk behind my dogs I lose signal on them often no way I could keep up with them on foot. I started off with walk dogs 10 years ago in Louisiana and I caught hogs walking the creeks in Caldwell Parish there were quite a few hogs there then. I moved to AR and those dogs couldn't produce for me here because the hogs were spread out and few I would still have to ride a lot and walk a lot to find them. I started getting pups out of longer ranged dogs and have what I like today they usually will make a 300-400 yard loop check in if I don't move they go further and further 1/2 mile is normal and they some times get bayed a lot further than that. When they was pups I hunted them a lot but now I don't feel the need to they know what's up. I say just because a man isn't catching 200 a year don't mean he doesn't have good dogs and if you hunt small blocks with lots of hogs you can do well with short range dogs walking.
Muddogkennels
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 09, 2015, 01:40:04 am »

Well nothing has changed on this site .lol. bunch of talkers!  Lol.    I guess im a walk /jogging hunter .. I like to stay in shape that's most of the reason i walk hunt. Almost Everyone i have hunted with ask me how do you keep up with your dogs without a buggy or atv ! Well i exspect my dogs to follow them to hell and back!   I catch alot but  my dogs  have that extra bottom to stroke a hog out!   I only run 1 or 2 bay dogs at a time ..  any more dogs its way to much dog power .  Now a number of hogs well its over 2 hunderd good hogs every year just with dogs not going to brag but if you spent the time i do in the woods then your best friend are your dogs and you wont be on here bragging about every catch or every shoak yall catch!!      Happy internet hunting yall!
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 09, 2015, 12:06:17 pm »

Well nothing has changed on this site .lol. bunch of talkers!  Lol.    I guess im a walk /jogging hunter .. I like to stay in shape that's most of the reason i walk hunt. Almost Everyone i have hunted with ask me how do you keep up with your dogs without a buggy or atv ! Well i exspect my dogs to follow them to hell and back!   I catch alot but  my dogs  have that extra bottom to stroke a hog out!   I only run 1 or 2 bay dogs at a time ..  any more dogs its way to much dog power .  Now a number of hogs well its over 2 hunderd good hogs every year just with dogs not going to brag but if you spent the time i do in the woods then your best friend are your dogs and you wont be on here bragging about every catch or every shoak yall catch!!      Happy internet hunting yall!

Sounds like your doing it right, 200 on foot is a lot of work. Ain't nothing wrong with walk hunting. The mountains are steep out here, a buggy won't do you no good, I only catch 15 to 25 a year, this year maybe hit the 30 mark, like the previous guy said, I can only eat so much pork

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Crossstock
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 10, 2015, 02:09:05 pm »

Briar hit the nail on the head..... Really who care how many hogs the other guy catches and who cares if someone has better dogs.... Hunt for yourself and your dogs and not for internet fame....
dallas22
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 10, 2015, 04:32:38 pm »

Briar hit the nail on the head..... Really who care how many hogs the other guy catches and who cares if someone has better dogs.... Hunt for yourself and your dogs and not for internet fame....

X2

IF YOUR DUMB YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: