April 20, 2024, 01:15:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dog shooter, help needed.  (Read 6184 times)
pigsr4etn
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 03:15:07 pm »

I have a friend of mine who hunts in Brazoria County. He has permission to hunt 1000 + acres that has pasture land on one side. Back in Nov. while he was hunting, he heard a gunshot while his dogs were out away from him hunting. He said to himself " i hope they didnt shoot one of my dogs''. He hunted a little while longer and all the dogs came back except one. He loaded up all the dogs and his equipment and was about to go back out looking for the lone dog when his phone cell phone rang. On the other end of the line was the rancher from the property next door. He told my friend he could come get his tracking collar and rest of his stuff at his house. My friend asked him if he shot the dog and he said "yes." The rancher was asked if the dog was chasing his cows and he replied " No, but the dog was around them." Well this case went to civil court a couple of weeks ago. My friend presented his case with video of his dogs running around cattle and not paying them any attention. He also gave a description of how he uses a e-collar to break the dogs when there pups from running cows or deer. Then it was the ranchers turn when he was asked why he shot the dog he replied " the dog was chasing my cows."
   The judge said that she could not make a ruling on "hear-say" and the case was dissmissed. All a dog shooter has to do is say the dog was a danger to him,his family, pets, or his livestock. It will not matter if its the truth, its your word against his.
Quint
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: