April 24, 2024, 03:50:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: gyp not coming in heat.  (Read 881 times)
decker
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2015, 07:00:49 pm »

I have a gyp that I had for a little over 2 years now, and was a year old when I got her, and she only came in heat one time that I could tell, and I don't think it was a normal heat. I only saw blood once and hardly any swelling. anybody have any ideas?
WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 07:50:12 pm »

In dealing with APBT's for 35 years I have seen that more than a few times. The more you want to breed them the more likely it is. With a cur dog you may be able to kennel a male with her and catch it right. But those faint heats are hard to see unless you take the time to check em every day. I have had a couple that only cycled once a year tho.
decker
Catch Dog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 08:47:56 pm »

I look at em everyday, and that's the only thing I was thinking was just a faint heat. I don't know I guess I'll just kennel them together.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
cujo72
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 08:30:56 am »

The best gyp I ever owned was in heat the day I bought her. Brought her home Hunted her for 5-6 years never had another cycle the rest of her life/ career. I have no clue why she was never cut hurt or anything it just never happened again.

" A bad dog eats as much as a good one"
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 10:01:39 am »

Old man told my friend to take one tablespoon of salt and mix it with a handful of ground  meat for 3 days in a row and it will bring a gyp in, he did it and within a week or so his came in, I tried and mine did not so whose to say it works but whose to say it don't, another thing a man I know who is honestly a puppy mill told me that if a gyp is not vaccinated with a vaccine containing lepto that she will not cycle, and whether it was coincidence or not but I've seen that work on several occasions with older females that had never had any shots, they were all given 8-1 shots and within a month or so we're cycling, now these cases all weren't at the exact same time or were they owned by the same men....

The vaccine part stands to reason as I have seen it in cattle, but it could be a number of things might could try putting her on some type of multivitamin for dogs, nutrition plays a major role  in reproductive health.

Also this is a good read on the subject.....
 http://www.revivalanimal.com/articles/Heat-Cycle-Management.html
redriverslim
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 10:16:46 am »

Old man told my friend to take one tablespoon of salt and mix it with a handful of ground  meat for 3 days in a row and it will bring a gyp in, he did it and within a week or so his came in, I tried and mine did not so whose to say it works but whose to say it don't, another thing a man I know who is honestly a puppy mill told me that if a gyp is not vaccinated with a vaccine containing lepto that she will not cycle, and whether it was coincidence or not but I've seen that work on several occasions with older females that had never had any shots, they were all given 8-1 shots and within a month or so we're cycling, now these cases all weren't at the exact same time or were they owned by the same men....

The vaccine part stands to reason as I have seen it in cattle, but it could be a number of things might could try putting her on some type of multivitamin for dogs, nutrition plays a major role  in reproductive health.

Also this is a good read on the subject.....
 http://www.revivalanimal.com/articles/Heat-Cycle-Management.html

I've never heard about the salt.  But I have seen first hand where a bitch had not cycled in 2 years.  She was an older bitch, maybe 9 or 10.  She was put on a straight meat & bone diet with tripe, organ meat, etc.  NO DOG FOOD.  She cycled about a month later ad got bred.
decker
Catch Dog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 11:33:54 am »

Thanks, she's in good shape, definitely out of hunting shape, I'm sure she was vaccinated as a puppy, but I'll give her another round, and try everything else y'all said, and hopefully that works, thanks again. Pwilson you know the gyp, its that trigg I got from your uncle.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
Amokabs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 06:37:05 pm »

Some bi t hes barely show sign when in heat. Like previous poster stated, sometimes best route is kennel the male u want to breed her to with her, he'll let u know when she's in heat. Most of the dogs i've noticed with stealth heatsand heat issues seem to be the more hyperactive ones. Dont k ow if its like a verg high trained woman who dont have a period, or if they are hyper because they are byperthyroid and that causes the crazy heat syndrome.
sanman
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 07:08:25 pm »

How have yall seen really tight blood effect it? Got a gyp I bought just to breed that's pretty tightly bred. Been waiting on her for awhile, almost a year, and nothing. Kinda getting worried.
bolo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 08:11:35 pm »

I had a real good gyp I wanted to breed. She was 10 years old & had never come in heat. I was told to give her a tablespoon of wheat germ oil daily to bring her in. I gave the wheat germ oil for about a month & sure enough she came in. Bred her & she had 6 healthy pups. PS. not a damn one of the pups turned out  worth a sh!!!t.Mom & bad were as good as they come. Bad cross I reckon.

the old blue boar
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: