March 28, 2024, 02:29:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bow fishing advice  (Read 2443 times)
maddriver
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2015, 04:49:42 am »

Hey guys,
I want to try the bow fishing, Where can I rent the gear?
I'm from Houston.
What else should I prepare for my first fishing?

Steven M.
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 12:48:34 pm »

I don't know about renting gear but I do quite a bit of bowfishing in the spring would be more than happy to let you tag along. I have a rig you can use
maddriver
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 04:10:53 am »

I don't know about renting gear but I do quite a bit of bowfishing in the spring would be more than happy to let you tag along. I have a rig you can use
maddriver
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 04:13:42 am »

Thanks Steven, it would be perfect!
I have never tried it, just watched video in YouTube.
What should I prepare? Now I have just this flashlight https://www.mrosupply.com/lighting/emergency-lighting/flashlights/1750209_5496_nebo/
Maybe redbull or some beer?
 Smiley
EK kennels
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 09:23:51 am »

I may be to far for you to come down here but your welcome to come with me in the summer and bow fish. We have a good sized live creek fed lake that has needle nose, alligator and spotted gar. Biggest alligator gar killed was around 100 lbs. not giant record gar by any means but big enough. We also have some really big bull and sand carp...
Steven M.
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 03:07:35 pm »

I hunt during the day maddriver I shoot a lot of gar spots and needle nose and then a bunch of carp and smallmouth buffalo. Have had several trips with over 100 fish some of them by myself. As for drinks whatever you want. I hunt the gar run in march-April. If the water is up i get the Buffalo spawning in early march. But my favorite is the carp in the first part of may. But usually if nothing is spawning full blast i hunt the rocks and put the hurtin on all of them. I'm just down the road in brenham and hunt Somerville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: