March 28, 2024, 10:30:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ronda vs holm  (Read 2308 times)
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
Re:
« on: November 15, 2015, 05:15:22 pm »

It's like Bruce Lee says....usually the one with the best hands wins... I see it a lot in MMA.  I have a strong boxing back ground and a knowledge of judo, bjj, and wrestling. . Guys well trained in bjj have a hard time doing MMA with me because of my striking but once I'm on the ground it's like a fish out of water . lol. Holm squashed her judo with good defense and put it to her in the stand up...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

You make some good points, but I wouldn't agree with the person with the best hands win. But your point about BJJ is very true my wrestling coach and head mma coach as my background was wrestling and boxing, used to say that anyones BJJ is only as good as their wrestling meaning if they cannot take you down then they cannot apply their craft.

Wrestling gives you control of the fight usually. As it lets you dictate where the fight will be taking place. Their are obviously exceptions to this but that rule applies the majority of the time. But people are cross training so much and so many people are competing that new strategies are being created every day. The progression is crazy.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: