April 19, 2024, 01:13:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ronda vs holm  (Read 2353 times)
TazD
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2015, 07:52:22 am »

Great fight, as was the Straw weight fight. I called Holly beating Rhonda. Rhonda is a one dimensional fighter! Plus Holly had Weinkelman in her corner who is one of the best coaches out there! Holly has been a true fighter alot longer then Rhonda, she has been conditioned and trained to take kicks and punches where Rhonda has not! The same will happen to Chris Weidman when he fights Luke Rockhold. A good striker will beat a good wrestler 9 out of 10 times.
I feel the best base to be a good fighter is having the abilities to use your hand, elbows, and your feet! You learn better foot work, and how to create range and angles! It's easier to keep a wrestler at bay if your good with your feet and hands then a wrestler keeping a striker at bay. Now do not get me wrong, you need to know how to fight on the ground as well! But a stand up base gives you alot more weapons then a wrestler! In todays times of MMA you have to have all the skills to be the best! Bruce Lee understood you had to have fighting skills to fight  close courters, mid range, as well as kicking range! But he was more interested in real combat, not sport combat, which is totally different! When someone is trying to kill you on the street is alot different then trying to get a submission or win on points! The last place you want to be in a life or death fight is on the ground! That's where speed, mobility, and movement is very important! Learning to fight with your hands, knife, stick, pistol, or long gun are what has always interested me, but I love all aspects of combat!
A rematch between the two will end the same! Now on to the next good fights!! Aldo vs McGreagor, and Chris Weidman vs Luke Rockhold! What's all your takes on these fights?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: