March 28, 2024, 04:53:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: North Texas Boar Hog  (Read 1146 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2015, 09:15:47 am »

Well I got invited by Cscott to go make a run last night. Meet up in Gordon. Get his Hanna gyp who is a great looking pit, I really liked her, and Cesar his dogo vested up. Load up roll to the first spot. He kicks the dogs out and gets back in. And with 2 taps on the windshield his yella dog jumped up and got on the hood and all I could think was "wow" right off the bat almost the dogs set out and strike. They ran it for a good while but couldn't get the hog stopped. So we loaded up and hit a second spot. Get in there let the dogs work for about 20 minutes. They come back by and then his yella dog and baby girl gyp go probably 800 yds and sit one down. Walk the catch dogs in and cut them from about 100 yards. Get to dogs and they had a nice boar hog stretched out.
Chris I really appreciate you having me out. I had a blast and I enjoyed seeing your dogs work. Made me realize I don't have anything more than some pot lickers who can stumble on a hog.

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Jmesonp1
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 11:30:55 am »

Chris makes it look easy. That's the result of a good handle that works his dogs a lot. A heck of a lot!
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 11:58:17 am »

That he does jmeson! When he tapped in the windshield and yella loaded up on the hood. I was kinda star struck. I just said "well alright" and Chris said "what" and I had to explain I had never seen a dog rig hunted before and definitely have never met a dog with a handle like his yella dog has.

CHRIS H.
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 12:08:06 pm »

goos deal !

theres a lot to learn from people and dogs that make it look easy.

Take care
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 12:31:28 pm »

Good deal ya it's nice to see other good dogs and good handlers the amount of time spent on a dog sure is noticeable. I like to hear good stories bout good dogs and good folks seems Cscott is both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 01:09:35 pm »

Cscott is definitely good folk and his dogs get it done and they make it seem 5x as easy as my mutts.

cscott
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 02:30:47 pm »

Glad you came it was good to hunt with someone new. Your making my dogs sound better then they are. There just mutts also. Im glad you enjoyed it
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 08:45:32 pm »

Sounds like a good time glad to hear that you got to run with Cscott I always enjoy seeing how others and there dogs hunt.

Cool of you Cscott to take ole slim huntin.

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 10:00:07 pm »

It was fun. The country here is a lot different than what I'm used to hunting. Chris also made me realize i might push my dogs right past hogs sometimes being that I get impatient and want to hunt 200 acres in 10 minutes which you just can't look under every rock on 200 acres that quick. Very fun and constructive hunt for me. I learned a lot

cscott
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 10:16:55 pm »

It takes time to train and get good dogs. Where always learning. Youll learn your dogs and they tell you when to slow down and when to move on and it just take alot of mistakes to learn what best for you and your dog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: