April 27, 2024, 01:40:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On Breeding Better Dogs  (Read 9446 times)
alphabravo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2015, 07:28:03 pm »

I would like to see some of you newer folks from this website to join in and throw ideas and theories out here and get some new discussion going... Cool

Okay Reuben, I'll speak up. I have zero(0) experience in hog hunting, but my dog does(she came to me from a hog hunting kennel). My true passion with dogs is protection training. I want a well rounded dog,but they must have a willingess to protect without being an overly aggressive POS.  My thought is about nerves and teperament. Any dog can be taught to bite(even labs LOL), but good nerves and temperament cannot be taught.  If I can expose pups to different situations, surfaces,objects, dogs and people and do it at different times of day andunder different feeding circumstances(fullbelly,empty stomach, half feeding,lite snack)

and still have a happy, friendly dog, that is the dog I keep. I'm not really concerned with sport, but some of the excercises are useful.I keep the pups that pass those test and get serious about training for a true protection dog. Iwould like to keep ALL the dogs that pass, but my budget will not allow it. I  do my best to get those I don't keep into the hands of either working people or those I trust.
 Other than that Ilook for a good dog with a hybrid look. I've had pitbulls for the last 12 years and I don't want to be reminded of that anymore, so no straight standard dogs. JMHO.

Life's not a bitch,life's a beautiful woman. You just call her a bitch because she won't let you get that p#$$y - Aesop Rock
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: