April 19, 2024, 12:29:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bulldog got his eye out out  (Read 1210 times)
jpuckett
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2016, 06:24:26 pm »

I have a bulldog that, out of nowhere, hurt his eye. It started going cloudy and I looked closer and there is a spot that looks to be a prick or a hole. It has completely clouded over. Does this for sure mean he will lose all sight through it?? Do any of you think he will struggle to catch because of depth perception?
jstankus
Bay Dog

Cracker Curs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 10:11:29 am »

My one eyed cur catches no problem, they will adjust. Just make sure it does not get infected because it can spread behind the eye and cause some real bad issues. Won't hurt to have 2 catch dogs or another gritty dog that will help. Good luck.
bignasty
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 10:40:14 am »

Seen it happen from entropion.the eye lid rubs a hole in the eye but you should have seen an iritation and lots of squinting from that eye. Terramycin is an ointment for eyes you can try.
jpuckett
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 05:52:41 pm »

He actually got pricked in it. Coulda happened hunting. We hunt a lot of thorns and briars. But I took him to the vet and said he can still see!! I'm pumped. We gave him on some eye drops and 10 days and should be healed up. Glad I didn't get rid of him before spending money on a vet bill. In this case it actually saved me money. Cost 140 for the vet bill. Good catch dog costs quite a bit more.
Myles Man
Strike Dog

100 MPH in the right direction

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 04:36:52 am »

Good to hear the vet set you straight. Good CD's can be hard to come by, I agree.

What about that real hyper brindle/tiger stripe bulldog you had? Is he still around? The hyper one that would jump 6' up the corner in the kennel....

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
Myles Man
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 04:36:52 am »

Good to hear the vet set you straight. Good CD's can be hard to come by, I agree.

What about that real hyper brindle/tiger stripe bulldog you had? Is he still around? The hyper one that would jump 6' up the corner in the kennel....

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
jpuckett
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 06:59:26 pm »

That's him. That's the one that hurt his eye. He might be the most annoying dog on the planet in the kennel but you get him on lead while hunting he's pretty good and a darn good catch dog.
Briar
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 08:51:48 pm »

Glad you got it straight. My brother had a dog puncture an eye and it clouded up like that. He squeezed the eyeball and it deflated some, all that crap came out but the eye healed up and he could see after that. I wouldn't have recommended that, but it worked in his case.
Myles Man
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 06:46:36 am »

Ha ha, cool deal, I haven't seen that guy in a long time.....how big did he get?

Bull2414
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 11:03:43 am »

I have a one eyed lead in catch dog and it's does bother him. It might take the dog a few times before he gets used to the one eye.
Bull2414
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 11:04:52 am »

I have a one eyed lead in catch dog and it's doesn't bother him. It might take the dog a few times before he gets used to the one eye.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: