March 28, 2024, 11:29:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dog from pound into catch dog or just hog dog  (Read 2459 times)
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2016, 01:36:00 pm »

In most cases it's a good thing there are watered down Bulldogs cuz the hot ones of yesterday that were bred for different purpose would not be at the pound. That's why they mostly work out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2016, 01:41:41 pm »

In most cases it's a good thing there are watered down Bulldogs cuz the hot ones of yesterday that were bred for different purpose would not be at the pound. That's why they mostly work out

I wasn't specifically speaking of bulldogs...just working dogs in general, as directly relates to all.
Scott
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2016, 02:09:53 pm »

10-4, I guess we all have different standards and expectations when it comes to working dogs

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2016, 09:57:47 pm »

I have a couple buddy's that get pits from the pound for catch dogs, I know folks on here don't like hearing it but he swears by the blue ones, says they've made the best catch dogs he's ever had.

That is the way I would go too. I still might if I could bring myself to it lolol. I have always really disliked blue apbt's and bullies especially bullies. Not trying to talk down on them I just never liked them as they stood for everything I didn't like about dog breeding. But I would think a blue apbt would make a great catch dog as long as you got one with a decent amount of leg on it and no breathing problems, so that it moved okay. I mean at least the ones out here are actually probably better suited for it. 1. they tend to be much  bigger. 2. They tend not to be as naturally hot, which will make them easier to handle. 3. they are so over bred should be no problem finding one. Just my two cents, and I have never owned nothing but performance bulldogs.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2016, 10:33:53 pm »

I like my bulldogs a certain way it's hard to find them that way at the pound. But in the every day old bulldog and your turning a lot of them pound is a good holding place for ones ready to start

lacrash
Catch Dog

HURRY HURRY HURRY!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2016, 08:39:51 am »

i had a big bodied american/pit cross looking dog from the pound. He caught his first time in the woods after a little encouragement when a big sow charged him n was 100% for the short time we had him after that. He ended up passing because of a prolapsed intestine. Doc said may have been the higher protein feed we started feeding him.

Id imagine youd have to go thru many to get decent strike dog...

Did the vet say why higher protein feed would cause that? I just started feeding a higher protein and higher fat feed, my dogs put on some weight that looks like muscle, thicker necks and chest, but they seem kinda hyper now, not bad just a bit. It's the taste of the wild high prairie. I don't want to mess Em up

Just said the immediate change could have done it. Should have mixed whatever they were feeding to what i was feeding n then ease him off whatever they were feeding. He wasnt sure that is what caused it, but felt confident enough to suggest it.
Boss Hoggin Outlaw
Strike Dog

335 lb. barr hog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 03:42:46 pm »

Some of the best I've ever seen have been off the streets

Sent from my LG-H443 using Tapatalk

He who kneels before God can stand before any man.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: