March 29, 2024, 07:21:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Drought is over here in CA  (Read 6834 times)
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2016, 12:52:45 am »

No hunting dogs since I left the east coast. Just an old pit at the house, he's past his running days unfortunately.
ca. hogman
Bay Dog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2016, 06:31:01 pm »

Let me know when you are ready to make the drive

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2016, 10:00:06 pm »

4 hour drive is easy than flying to Hawaii like I usually do.
ca. hogman
Bay Dog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2016, 12:47:54 pm »

Let me know when

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2016, 04:40:10 pm »

I'm up in northern ca, outside Ukiah

Kilowatt, how's that Airedale cross hunt?

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
gary fuller
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2016, 10:19:58 pm »

lief, have you tried any of the irish terrier crossed stuff from down here? i had 2 half airedale half catahoulas  some years back and  have always wondered what a straight cross of irish terrier and catahoula would be. if i had all the places to hunt my partner has had i would have tried a blend of irish, cat and ab just for chits and giggles.
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2016, 11:32:36 pm »

I have not, I was offered a pup from some of the terrier crosses but it was before I got into hog dogs, I wish I would have took it, there were a lot of good pups in that litter, they were mostly Catahoula and plott, they don't give out the heavy irish terrier stuff much

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
gary fuller
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2016, 12:24:49 am »

was that a pup from shotgun when bred to bumgardners female? if so that made good dogs. with the papered irish terriers they bought a few years ago alot of the dogs here today have more irish terrier in the line/family than it ever did. the dogs of today even have a couple shots of australian shepherd in their background.
Kilawatts
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2016, 02:34:00 pm »

Hunts good caught several on his own. Good handle. All catch on a small or week hog, on a rough one he'll either bay or get a mouth full of nuts. He's pretty short range these day's, probably due to his age. I think he'll be 9 or 10 this year. Tried to retire him but he'll get after the wife's chickens. Plus he still goes nuts if you leave him at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2016, 09:05:53 pm »

Hunts good caught several on his own. Good handle. All catch on a small or week hog, on a rough one he'll either bay or get a mouth full of nuts. He's pretty short range these day's, probably due to his age. I think he'll be 9 or 10 this year. Tried to retire him but he'll get after the wife's chickens. Plus he still goes nuts if you leave him at home

I must have missed it but what dog you talking about Kilawatt?
Kilawatts
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2016, 09:08:38 pm »

The one lief was asking about. My Airedale/border collie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2016, 10:22:07 pm »

was that a pup from shotgun when bred to bumgardners female? if so that made good dogs. with the papered irish terriers they bought a few years ago alot of the dogs here today have more irish terrier in the line/family than it ever did. the dogs of today even have a couple shots of australian shepherd in their background.

Ya that's the litter, I didn't like the hairy ones at first but they're growing on me. Chai is my favorite

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
gary fuller
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2016, 03:39:02 am »

yeah chai is a good one.  now i just wish i could remember how exactly hes bred lol. tryin to think that corey lovelands airedale cross is back there  then bred with franks  stuff. guess i gotta make a phone call tommorrow to find out. wish i was smart enough to post pictures since i changed computers again. i know some time back i actually posted some pictures to this site.
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2016, 10:28:47 pm »

Thanks for the offers, and I will. Much obliged.
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2016, 01:02:56 pm »

yeah chai is a good one.  now i just wish i could remember how exactly hes bred lol. tryin to think that corey lovelands airedale cross is back there  then bred with franks  stuff. guess i gotta make a phone call tommorrow to find out. wish i was smart enough to post pictures since i changed computers again. i know some time back i actually posted some pictures to this site.

You gota get tapatalk on your phone, it makes posting pics a breeze and you can post larger pics

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
gary fuller
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2016, 07:41:10 pm »

lol, i bet that tapatalk thing wont work on my flip phone.
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2016, 09:55:33 pm »

lol, i bet that tapatalk thing wont work on my flip phone.

Lol yeah you might have an issue with that Gary.
bigboarinca
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2016, 12:06:11 am »

Been awhile since I've been on here but definitely nice to see some more California guys on here that run hogs y'all are a lil south of me I'm up in the Sonoma area.
gary fuller
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2016, 09:40:11 am »

welcome big boar. i think im about the only one that comes here thats from around salinas area.  i know in my area you dont see anywhere near the number of dog boxes in pickups that you did 20 to 40 years ago. these other guys on here hunt, im just more of a token used to hunt hard, fat, old guy now ,lol. what you runnin for dogs? i know around sonoma area years ago there didnt appear to be euro blood in those hogs up there. has that changed?
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2016, 12:55:36 pm »

Been awhile since I've been on here but definitely nice to see some more California guys on here that run hogs y'all are a lil south of me I'm up in the Sonoma area.

I'm in Ukiah, number 2 were practically neighbors!

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: