April 25, 2024, 03:18:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First solo hunt  (Read 792 times)
Anita Nunley
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2016, 08:08:01 am »

Picked up a new place in Cisco tx met the land owner about 930. I dropped Tank , Bobby and Red on the ground to road , Hum-v and Perves my pup rode the ranger. 20 min into the hunt tank catches wind and rolls out. At 276 yards he is running and starts to yip. Bret turns the ranger around and we head towards tank. At this time my two new dogs are still with me jus following the ranger. We come to a field and tank breaks from the thicket line and starts working the area. Bobby goes to him. We cut off the ranger, at 200 yards I hear tank and Bobby open up. Knew I had a strong bay so I jump off the ranger grab Hum-v and headed towards them. At 125 yards I hear Bobby barking and knew  tank had got a hold, so I cut Hum-v to him. I was nervous this was my first catch on my own, but I got to the bay grabbed a leg and stuck her. Caught hog nice sow
My new red dog never made it to the bay so I got some work there to do , but Bobby and tank are gonna work nice together.

http://rs1312.pbsrc.com/albums/t532/ChanceandAnita/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsptj2g9qo.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

http://rs1312.pbsrc.com/albums/t532/ChanceandAnita/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps4pfleni9.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 09:23:56 pm »

Well done!
Florida Curdog
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 07:41:11 pm »

Good hunt. I hunt solo 99% of the time. I prefer it that way. I own 3 dogs & hunt 1 dog 2 at the most when I go.

Smiling like a killer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: