March 29, 2024, 05:40:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catch dog stopped catching?  (Read 3854 times)
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2016, 02:39:06 pm »

Well I ain't those fellas but I will give you mine. 1 must look good 2 must not fight 3 needs to be a good enough dog to ride in the cab of the truck 4 needs to know the difference between my snacks and his 5 not cry in the box or going to the bay 6 needs to walk easy on a lead 7 no regrip 8 understand caught hog and chill 9 catch ear 10 not let go till told 11 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2016, 02:39:35 pm »

Got cut off lol u get the pic

Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2016, 03:44:55 pm »

Did I or would I?
Did you? Just saw in the post above where your standards were mentioned
The end result in my standerds for a catch dog far exceeds that of yours but in order to get a catch dog to do the things I demand, takes work on my part as well as patience and understanding and persistence.

But I didn't recall seeing your standards in previous posts. If you have previously posted them could you direct me to the post. If not, and you don't mind sharing, I'm interested in seeing them.

I think that may have been Black Streak.
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2016, 04:57:48 pm »

Well I ain't those fellas but I will give you mine. 1 must look good 2 must not fight 3 needs to be a good enough dog to ride in the cab of the truck 4 needs to know the difference between my snacks and his 5 not cry in the box or going to the bay 6 needs to walk easy on a lead 7 no regrip 8 understand caught hog and chill 9 catch ear 10 not let go till told 11 

So Judge in other words you need a well behaved buddy that gets down to business when you ask him too.

P.S.  I like how #1 is look good hahahaha
boarboy
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2016, 06:28:37 pm »

If you sent him to a small rally and that was the first time he didn't do his job, maybe he did do his job but the other hogs whooped him down before you got there. Just I thought. Is the dog eating? Jaw not broken or anything like that?
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2016, 07:32:10 pm »

Rednose you got it

ArtHenrey
Alpha Dog

Del Encino Hog Dog's

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2016, 08:21:17 pm »

One thing I've seen, I'd assume, I could be cometly wrong bit since he's your first catch dog.. Your fairly fresh to the sport. You got your hand full of places. These places never had dogs on them. Hogs Arnt dog shy, never been bayed so at first this dog you have was catching hogs that had never had dog pressure on them. I say this because I've seen it time in time again. Hog sit up and bay pretty first few months, any catch dog can run in there and hit em bounce off and hog, it stand there confused. Now that they are dog educated it's starting to show the caliber of catch dog it really is. Especially catching on the snout.. Some of the hogs around the house will break at the noise of a Catchdog coming in. Dog smart hogs are way more harder to catch, and you just about need a ACE Catchdog to catch em. They get hit, and they are gone. No more standing around for a second grab. I could be completely wrong and looking at it another way.

Arturo Villarreal -V
Elgin, tx
512-815-8569
ArtHenrey
Alpha Dog

Del Encino Hog Dog's

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2016, 08:29:54 pm »

Sorry if I came off calling you a beginner, I kno nothing of yourhunting experience. I'm sorry, maybe what I should have focused on was the pressure the hogs had on them. Now your starting to see the caliber of dog he is..

Arturo Villarreal -V
Elgin, tx
512-815-8569
Lildrifter22@gmail.com
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2016, 09:37:29 pm »

You are right I haven't been hunting ling and have ways hunted with family and there dogs.  I hunted him today and he did good.  Hog broke before we (dog, me, and hunting friends) got there and he couldn't keep up with curs. I got him home walked him Round outside of bay pin and he tried to get threw fence to hogs. Put muzzle on him and put him in Bay pen and he gave it hell. Got rolled by the 3 hogs but never quit.  It was only him no Bay dogs.
CRC
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2016, 09:56:20 pm »

Why would you do this?^^^^
What did that teach him?
Lildrifter22@gmail.com
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2016, 07:56:37 am »

The muzzle wasn't my idea. They didn't wanna just let him go cause he kills what he catches. The pigs where about 100lbs maybe. I trust the person who put it on him so figured he knew what he was doing.
CRC
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2016, 08:22:55 am »

Well buddy you do what you want but if you can't count on that bulldog 100% of the time you are setting yourself up to get hurt or get someone else hurt. This dog is a cull, a catch dog catches and doesn't have any quit.
Lildrifter22@gmail.com
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2016, 08:37:46 am »

I understand thanks
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2016, 08:30:35 am »

Agree...I am now wondering WTF?

Catch dog + muzzle + bay pen = disaster. 

Not sure who that guy is that you are trusting but I would get rid of the bulldog and the person you are trusting and find a new coach and a new bulldog. 

Back up and punt.
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2016, 11:00:28 am »

Agree...I am now wondering WTF?

Catch dog + muzzle + bay pen = disaster. 

Not sure who that guy is that you are trusting but I would get rid of the bulldog and the person you are trusting and find a new coach and a new bulldog. 

Back up and punt.

Haha.  I like the last line and second it!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: