March 29, 2024, 01:17:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hog stoppers  (Read 6428 times)
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2016, 09:56:57 am »

Thats a fine looking bulldog Sambo, is he a lead in?

Cracker I have seen these nut rippers work, Blastin has one that will rip there nuts or a$$ right out. Ive only seen her on one but dang she will just not quit. I am hoping to have a whole pack like that one day, that is the goal.
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2016, 10:21:34 am »

The one dog that I have seen that will relentlessly terrorize a hog hind end until he bays, Is Cscott's "yeller" dog. From what I've seen that dog is the definition of "gets rough when he needs to"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Sambo5500
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2016, 10:34:20 am »

Rednose, he is my little cur x pit mix. He can be lead in or used as a RCD. He also hunts and has caught about a dozen one out finder holder style. My Swiss army knife of hog dogs. Send him a lot from distance on hogs that are bad runners/bay breakers if I trust the dogs on the ground to help catch. He's straight catch with the ability to hunt also.
Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2016, 11:21:34 am »

Dang Paris hilton. I mean art henry. That little white dog looks all buisness.  Grin just kidding.  We got a little fishing buddy to.

Take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2016, 12:09:56 pm »

So how do you dog Bay Judge or dog they just catch on sight?   I can't have RCD's because my dogs don't just find hogs that are under my feet and it might take me a while to cover the ground to get to them and get control of the hog for their safety.   I need to be able to control when they catch so I can be there.  We are talking about "stopping" hogs, not just mauling them to death.  By the way, were you suggesting my dogs are quitting hogs that run?

Hunting with just 1 or 2 catch dogs is different than having more or a none catch dog at the catch.    Big pigs will most often settle down after the initial hook up and so will the dogs.  It's just kinda a calm event you walk up to.  The bigger the pig usually the calmer things are after the first 10 or so seconds.       
    Things are not calm however when you add in a dog that's not a catch dog.  They will bark, bite, and harass the pig instead of hold it like the other catch dog or dogs.  Anything caught not on the ear will generally keep the pig at a state of high stress and unrest and will result in none stop fighting from the pig.   This is where your mauling comes in.               
     As far as catch dogs that don't hunt and stay at your feet, if that's the case, why do people have to keep them on a lead at their feet or in a box?      Lots of people can't let the cd's down or they go yonder way.   I understand that they are carried for more than just this but this is a big reason why also.
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2016, 01:01:20 pm »

Same principle  I hog dog by is whats primarily been said by TexasHogDogs and Judge.  You want an emmediat catch.  They idea is not have the pig run anywhere once it's found by the dogs.  Most of the time this is the case.   I however choose a different kinda dog to hunt.   One that's much larger.  Upwards of 85 and prefer 100 to 110# but got to be agile, tall, faster than 30 mph, good endurance, and tolerate the heat hell.    Does little good to breed catch dogs ment for this line of work that are effected heavily by the heat and have poor endurance.       Consistently I read where feral pigs run at speeds of 20 and 30 mph depending on the pig.   To have short races if a race is what it turns into, you would need a dog that can hit and sustain speeds of over 30 mph.   I shoot for no slower than 35.   A slower dog still does ok for finding and holding.  Heck I used my old pit as a finder holder for a while.  She didn't have the speed to catch a runner on her own but she didn't have any problem finding pigs and usually hooked up.  She was never hurt like this, only time she ever suffered injures was when I used her as a lead in.

During races,  my dogs will go straight for the ear in the open such as crop hunting.   In dense cactus an trees they will bite them on the rear and spin them most often then grab the ear.  In thick stuff it's either they get hooked up before the pig bolts or the odds are good the pig makes good on its excape. 
ArtHenrey
Alpha Dog

Del Encino Hog Dog's

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2016, 04:19:40 pm »

Oh I've been called a lot worse Georgia. He don't just look, he is! I can't hardly let go him go feed the horses with me. First off the poor fella try's to nip at the horses feet. And it'll eventually happen he'lol get stepped on. Then I won't have no one to go fishing with and listen to all my bs! And no talk back. He fest stared off bring the piss out of the horses. They didn't mind it for the first few times. Now they see em and its game on. Who's getting who first lol. My Amerigo pup and tha little sucker go at it non stop. He won't back down I wish he was about 70lb heavier lol

Arturo Villarreal -V
Elgin, tx
512-815-8569
ArtHenrey
Alpha Dog

Del Encino Hog Dog's

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2016, 04:21:04 pm »

Baying

Arturo Villarreal -V
Elgin, tx
512-815-8569
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2016, 04:29:11 pm »

Sambo do you know kory from LRA

Sambo5500
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2016, 04:59:13 pm »

What's his last name judge? I've heard of a few korys and may have hunted with one a while back.
Sambo5500
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2016, 05:21:43 pm »

I hear about a Kory Adcock all the time and may have met before but can't remember. As much as I hear his name I'm surprised I've never met or hunted with him.
Boss Hoggin Outlaw
Strike Dog

335 lb. barr hog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2016, 05:35:33 pm »

Just my 2 cents on the vest subject...
My buddy bought 2 hard core vests and within a month nearly all the stitching on the trim tore out and the front of the vests both stuck out about 4" from the dogs neck, not good protection in my book, I'm not knocking Spiehler and his product cuz it may work for him and others and the vests my buddy got may have been just a bad order but me personally I don't like them. For me I have always used Tejas, I think they make the best vests, never had a problem with them and they hold up extremely well.

Sent from my LG-H443 using Tapatalk

He who kneels before God can stand before any man.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2016, 06:05:05 pm »

Ya that's him Adcock he is good dude

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2016, 06:06:17 pm »

He hunts with ol Tate and shep some times

Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2016, 10:22:23 pm »

I withdraw my submission of those red and brindle dogs. They couldn't get one hemmed up today. Flooded pine thicket had them spinning their wheels while the hogs were swimming away

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Sambo5500
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2016, 08:06:24 am »

Judge, I've definitely heard of him and hear good things. A buddy I've been hunting a little more with here lately knows him pretty well so I'm sure we will meet soon. I like ol Shepard and Tate. Hunted with both of them a few years ago at a tournament. I was Cody whitish helper. I've hunted with Tate 2 other times since then with my buddy gentry barker. Fun to hunt with them two.
buddylee
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2016, 09:32:45 am »

2 ways  of catching a runner. Catch it before it has a chance to run or catch it when it decides to stop. I prefer the first.
buddylee
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2016, 09:37:15 am »

Hard to run with a 65lb leggy dog hanging onto your ear !!!
ArtHenrey
Alpha Dog

Del Encino Hog Dog's

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2016, 11:26:43 am »

That's a good looking dog buddy lee

Arturo Villarreal -V
Elgin, tx
512-815-8569
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2016, 12:10:23 pm »

What's the breeding on that dog and what brand is that vest?

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: