April 19, 2024, 09:13:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Long range??  (Read 1986 times)
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2016, 11:53:20 am »

Totally agree Ben,,, I wish I had about 10 head that would circle me out to 500 yards and check back every so often.. Those old type cattle dogs are nearly impossible for me to get my hands on,,, I can consistently put dogs on hogs within 500 yards of where I turn out even if there is no hot track under my feet..

Yea I don't see dogs that make big loops. They either line out and you have to pick them up or come back on their same track.

the last one I had brent was from a man up in ur neck of the woods... name was Clarence Moore.,, yeller male dog.. Caught a lot of hogs with that dog..

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
hillbilly
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2016, 03:30:59 pm »

Totally agree Ben,,, I wish I had about 10 head that would circle me out to 500 yards and check back every so often.. Those old type cattle dogs are nearly impossible for me to get my hands on,,, I can consistently put dogs on hogs within 500 yards of where I turn out even if there is no hot track under my feet..

Yea I don't see dogs that make big loops. They either line out and you have to pick them up or come back on their same track.

the last one I had brent was from a man up in ur neck of the woods... name was Clarence Moore.,, yeller male dog.. Caught a lot of hogs with that dog..
I went to Clarence's house a while back and got an AB from his son. They had a few dogs but dont think they hunt anymore.

Lets go we burning daylight
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: