April 24, 2024, 10:08:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: old southern catch dogs or old time southern bulldogs  (Read 3180 times)
alphabravo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2016, 03:36:27 pm »

Anybody have them and use them. What are they like? How do they hunt? Temperaments? protectiveness?

Let me know
  Thanks

Life's not a bitch,life's a beautiful woman. You just call her a bitch because she won't let you get that p#$$y - Aesop Rock
bignasty
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 04:24:50 pm »

basicly standard bred american bulldog/white english crossed with pit bull

yeah thats all i use,tried almost every thing under the sun and these type dogs suit my needs.
bignasty
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 04:33:10 pm »

to me they are like a standard ab with better wind bite(sisor) hips,overall heath.

protective? depends on the dogs you breed/train some are natrurals some not
alphabravo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 11:39:55 pm »

to me they are like a standard ab with better wind bite(sisor) hips,overall heath.

protective? depends on the dogs you breed/train some are natrurals some not

I guess that's true in most cases. How is their dog aggression?

Life's not a bitch,life's a beautiful woman. You just call her a bitch because she won't let you get that p#$$y - Aesop Rock
bignasty
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 06:37:20 am »

i can hunt 2 males/females same time and put them on same leash to a tree while we deal with the hog. im sure you can find some that are DA tho.

i would rather have a true performance dog with some DA  then a flappy lip heavy breather that ran out of gas quick...just saying
alphabravo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 08:42:28 pm »

i can hunt 2 males/females same time and put them on same leash to a tree while we deal with the hog. im sure you can find some that are DA tho.

i would rather have a true performance dog with some DA  then a flappy lip heavy breather that ran out of gas quick...just saying

A little DA is okay. Like if a dog starts it with mine then he should handle it. me breaking it up is only going to prolong the problem. but if my dog goes berserk everytime he sees another dog and I can't get him to calm dow and focus on the task at hand,
He's got to go. I know I'm going to spend too much time putting my foot in his backside to get any use out of him.

most cases for hog hunting, I  would think a heavier, bred for hog hunting pit would be the best catch dog. those are usually bred to not be SO dog aggressive and to have "hogs on the brain"

blakebh
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 12:23:11 pm »

This is Rock! He is only 14 months and has caught several good hogs for me already.

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/breeding.result?father=931378&mother=1349217

[/img]

[/img]

alphabravo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 09:13:33 pm »

interesting ped Blake. Lots of old school stuff. OTSB to OWE  The pit influence came through hard though

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 11:35:15 am »

Big nasty do u have a pic of what your talking bout curious that's all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blakebh
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 05:01:57 pm »

interesting ped Blake. Lots of old school stuff. OTSB to OWE  The pit influence came through hard though

I like him a lot so far! Perfect size in my opinion, well mannered and zero dog aggression. Will see how that goes as he matures.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: