April 29, 2024, 12:05:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zero turn  (Read 945 times)
ArtHenrey
Alpha Dog

Del Encino Hog Dog's

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2016, 05:33:17 pm »

The wife suprised me and let me spend the extra money and get a zero turn about 2 months ago. I've mowed our place with it about 8 times so far. Man, I can't stay off the thing. Who's got one and what brand. We went with the hustler 42 inch. Koehler motor. It's awesome! If you're in need of a mower don't be sceard of a zero turn.

Arturo Villarreal -V
Elgin, tx
512-815-8569
BIG BEN
Boar Slayer

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 05:59:21 am »

I bought a ferris 48" icd with a 25hp briggs commercial engine last year. Love this thing, I can mow at 11mph and the cut is amazing. I cut 2 acres in about an hour and the spring suspension on the ferris has the smoothest ride out of the 5 different mowers I test drove.

hunt em hard, give em no excuses, and cull harder!!!!!
"Rather have a sister in a whore house than spots on a dog"
"Pretty is as pretty does"- BigO
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 05:45:14 am »

I bought a 60" Gravely about 15 years ago when I was cutting yards on the side from my regular job. My buddy had a place that took him three hours to cut with his little Harry homeowner riding mower, I rolled my mower off the trailer and did it in 45 minutes. 
He and another guy at work busted my balls for what I payed for it. After I moved back west, they ended up buying zero turns. Go figure.
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 11:42:19 pm »

Got a 60" bad boy does pretty good, I also work for Deere now selling equipment. I sell a ton of zero turns.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
lettmroll
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 09:12:14 am »

Do any of y'all know anything about the Toro zero mower, or the any good

Hold on
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 01:11:07 pm »

Do any of y'all know anything about the Toro zero mower, or the any good

If you're talking commercial grade Toro they're real good. The homeowner versions are lighter duty and that might be fine for your use. I'd guess most of the brands are made of a similar quality. I've owned Gravely for many years, now I have a commercial Toro walk behind, I've ran my friends commercial toro on his route, no troubles whatsoever, just keep them maintained.

I'll post pics of mine when I get back to California
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: