March 29, 2024, 05:25:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Different Style Question.  (Read 2787 times)
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 11:53:17 am »

Any kind of dog will and can catch a hog that's the truth. I don't mind a open dog a good hound is hard to beat. Slim 6-8 miles of bottom that's some top notch bottom most dogs ain't even close to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2016, 02:22:38 pm »

U can catch hogs with any kinda dogs if they have the want to u can catch a hog its just up to u what color shape or size or kind u want to hunt I seen dogs I would have shot in there tracks and they catch hogs it's not hard to catch hogs Point is it just matter what style u want to hunt I like them mid range bottem tell they can't run no more loose baying hound mouth type dogs that bay with style

Can't say how many time I've said this the last 3 years. Lol it isn't hard at all to teach a dog to hunt a pig if it has any sort of drive. My culls find hogs decent enough for my liking. And there's plenty of people I hunt with who don't care for my dogs and how they hunt. When my dogs get out over 4-500, shut up and listen because it's gonna happen soon. They've got about 6-8 miles worth of bottom if they can keep up and then they're coming back. I run some decently loose dogs with a gritty dog or 2. Everything piles on with the bulldog
Come on man you need to keep up with the bs you post and stop acting like you're speaking to fools.

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2016, 02:59:22 pm »

U can catch hogs with any kinda dogs if they have the want to u can catch a hog its just up to u what color shape or size or kind u want to hunt I seen dogs I would have shot in there tracks and they catch hogs it's not hard to catch hogs Point is it just matter what style u want to hunt I like them mid range bottem tell they can't run no more loose baying hound mouth type dogs that bay with style

Can't say how many time I've said this the last 3 years. Lol it isn't hard at all to teach a dog to hunt a pig if it has any sort of drive. My culls find hogs decent enough for my liking. And there's plenty of people I hunt with who don't care for my dogs and how they hunt. When my dogs get out over 4-500, shut up and listen because it's gonna happen soon. They've got about 6-8 miles worth of bottom if they can keep up and then they're coming back. I run some decently loose dogs with a gritty dog or 2. Everything piles on with the bulldog
Come on man you need to keep up with the bs you post and stop acting like you're speaking to fools.
Very much confused on what you mean. I'm ignorant about dogs compared to some of you guys and I'm aware of that, I don't intend to speak to anyone as if they're of less intelligence than me. If my "bs" post offend or bother you I'm sorry, very easy to scroll right past my screen name.

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2016, 03:03:15 pm »

Any kind of dog will and can catch a hog that's the truth. I don't mind a open dog a good hound is hard to beat. Slim 6-8 miles of bottom that's some top notch bottom most dogs ain't even close to that.

Normally it's 2-3 miles judge.  I've had a few times though, where it's been get bayed, hog breaks, get bayed, hog break, get bayed, hog breaks, bayed and finally get em caught. That's why I said if they can keep up they'll hang with it. I believe that's the case for most half assed alright dogs. I spent 5 hours one night with a buddy chasing a young gyp of his who was chasing a good boar. No telling how many miles she made that night running that hog but I know we put some miles down on county roads trying to pick her back up.

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2016, 03:24:07 pm »

l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2016, 03:32:54 pm »

Don't be confused just tell the truth 3yrs?6-8 miles?You registered 1/20/2015 and had a couple pups asking how to start them just tell the truth when you speak and it will make your life much easier and better.Being a liar is not a good label to have in life.

Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2016, 11:39:58 am »

I have had dogs stay on a shoat for 4-6 hours with a range from where struck to north most point was over 4 miles as the crow flies. Actual track length I'm not sure. My dogs aren't nothing special. But they were in fine physical shape at the time with the wind and desire to stay. At the time they did this I hunted an area that if you didn't catch the hog at first bay it took stamina to finish them.

As for the question of style well that depends on you and your situation. Not all styles are effective or practice in every situation.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
ridgerunner827
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2016, 08:10:05 pm »

Hey guys, thanks for commenting on this thread! I have been hitting the woods pretty hard this past month. ( Im a high school teacher  Cheesy )  Pups are still coming along, my bulldog is to!  It has been pretty tough on the dogs and me to in this hot alabama weather. Hopefully I will be making something out of my dogs before the spring.. If not, I can promise that it will not be because of a lack of effort!! LOL      AND BO Pugh, I talked to you on facebook a week ago very briefly about that dog. If you really need to sale your dog, get with me and we will go dump him out up here one night, If he will find a hog for us, I will be sold! If he doesnt, then you can say you had a good time and be a testament to just how rough this terrain is! LOL        THANK YOU ALL!!!   I will post an update on how things are looking this fall!
Bo Pugh
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2016, 09:07:06 pm »

I use to like to hunt and meet new people and travel and I guess I still do when I have the time. Where are you from and ill see if I can make a trip to hunt with you one night. ive talked to so many people on Facebook in the last month or so about dogs I can't remember whose who lol
ridgerunner827
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2016, 04:36:34 pm »

Haynes Riddle from cullman. Come on anytime!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: